To Be Together

We finally arrived home very late at night.
We were falling over each other on our way to our door, giggling madly like the lovestruck children we really were. 
We were holding hands, and when we stopped laughing enough to catch our breaths, I rested my head against his shoulder.

We had happily set off from the bar, having decided that the way home, at this hour, would be most interesting when taken by foot.

Finally, we arrived at our door, and Alan took a second to search his pockets for the key.
As he fumbled with the lock, squinting at it in the flickering bulb-light, I took my opportunity to thank him. 
He always treats me so nicely.

I set a hand on his shoulder as he finally finds the lock and slides the key into it, unlocking and opening the door.

"Oh, Alan, tonight was so nice. I loved every minute, thank you..." 

He straightens himself, and looks over at me with a wide grin, taking my hand in his own. 

"Hmmm, no, sweetheart, thank you." 

He presses a sweet, loving kiss to my hand, and I can't help but blush!
It's always like our first date, all over again..
Every time we go out, I feel so happy, so very lovey-dovey, and he knows just what to do to make me feel like he's trying to earn my affection. 
As if he didn't already have every bit of it.

He leads me inside, into our own house, as though he's just bringing me in for the first time…
He walks backwards, not taking his eyes off mine, our hands joined together. 

"You know, honey…" he says under his breath, as we enter the bedroom to lie down for bed.
We both crawl onto the mattress, and get to work on undressing each other.

"Hm?"
I raise an eyebrow as I begin unbuttoning his shirt.

"I'm so, so, very tired. But you… oh, you. You've had me going all night. What is a man to do?"

He unzips his trousers, and reaches behind me to do the same to my dress.
Zzzzzzip. The fabric falls off me.

He smiles, eyes glazed, and rests his head on my chest. 

"I don't know, Al. Do you need my help with that?"

He chuckles, pressing a soft kiss against my collarbone.

"Well, you are the one I love… the one I sleep with every night… the one I've been thinking  about all day… just you."

He pops the elastic of my underwear unexpectedly as I'm working on getting his trousers off, and I squeal, bringing his drunk, grinning face up for a kiss.

"You're being silly, Charlie," I giggle at him.

"But, sweetheart, there's nothing silly about how much I love you..."
He breathes in, preparing to speak again.

"How much I need you…"

He is such a lovey-dovey drunk.
I slip his shirt off his shoulders, and place my hands on his broad chest, trailing gently down his body…
I come to meet the waistband of his boxers, and my fingers tuck under, pulling them ever lower…