Kendra

June, 1993
Dear diary,
Today I met Magnus. I met him. Until today, he was just the popular, unreachable guy who lived a block away from my house, and walked behind me on my way home.
The thing began like this; I was walking home from school a week before summer break, I could feel Magnus walking just behind me. How could I miss it, he always does. But this time he hurried a bit until he was by my side. I looked at Magnus, and turned my head front again. I noticed light eyes. We said nothing. I strongly expected him to say "hi" at least, i mean, he was walking by me, and it was his decision, not mine. We walked like that for almost three blocks, kind of a long time, right? So I spoke. I simply said what I thought he would, and he answered the exact same thing. All I could hear was the birds sing. Again. Nothing more than that, and the cars's noise from far away. The same silent, uncomfortable atmosphere. That was great. I had to ask, it was killing me. I mean, why would he do that? "Umm... Magnus? Why are you walking with me?" and he answered "Because you still haven't noticed that you are being filmed by a my friends! Hahaha!" He laughed. This time I looked at him furiously, the light eyes were green. "You think you're great, just because you are popular, and crazy girls think you're handsome, which you are so not, and you have popular friends. But let me tell you something, some people just don't care at all about you." We were one block away from my home. That means, at the front door of his home. "And you are not part of those people, I can tell. Have a nice afternoon, I'll see you tomorrow." A butler opened the front door, Magnus blinked at me and went in. I couldn't stop thinking how stupid I have been. Magnus Barrealde would never set an eye on me, but to prank me. Maybe I did care a little about him... I hope this is not what I think it is...