Strangled Silence

I Know, I Know. I've Uploaded Two Already In One Day. But What Can I Say, I Want You To See The Other Genres I Write.

Prologue

The night was silent...eerie. Shadows fell upon the lawns. The moon’s light didn’t provide enough light for people to see, but the lack of light was useful to some. A man woke in the middle of the night; he looked at his sleeping wife.

Grateful that his wife was still alive unlike the way she was in his dream. He checked her pulse once: she was still alive. Sliding out of bed he went to the window. He felt too much awake to go back to bed yet.

Looking out he gazed at the neighbour’s lawns. He jumped back as he looked at his next door neighbour’s lawn. There was something black and motionless lying there.

Terrified the man ran to his closet and grabbed a bat and flashlight. He was going to investigate. He reached the bottom of his stairs and stepped out the front door hesitantly.

Flashing the light in front of him and rising the bat up higher in his arm as he walked across his lawn. The wind whistled and blew the black object’s hair in the wind. Crossing onto his neighbour’s lawn the man shone the light onto the black object.

The man gave a slight scream as he saw his neighbour’s body.

Rushing forwards he felt for a pulse and ignored the blood that was seeping through his pants from the ground. He felt the tiny pulse and yelled for help. He wasn’t sure if he should leave her. The killer might realise his mistake and come back to finish the job.

Finally his wife came out. Shouting to her she ran back into the house and dialled nine-one-one. The ambulance arrived in no time and so did the cops.

Once the ambulance was off the cops entered the house. Not a soul was awake.

Moving through the house they found the husband shot, once in the head. He was dead; they could tell just by the way he looked. Checking the next room they found the teenage daughter shot dead too. They slowly moved to the twins’ room. Remarkably they were the only ones left either than their mother. They grabbed the twins and walked out of the house, placing the sleeping eight year old twins in the back of the cop car the police left Quinsten Roll.

Chapter One

Evidential

The police station was lit up and Tookie sat at her new desk. She had just been promoted and she couldn’t feel any happier. It had only been a few hours earlier that Tookie had moved her stuff onto the desk. She had become a detective, a job she’d been shooting at for years. Well actually two years actually, Tookie was only twenty-two years old.

Picking up a Twinkie Tookie’s phone began to ring. Sighing Tookie put down her Twinkie and picked up the phone.

“’Ello?” Tookie says, noticing a fly she flicked it off the table.

“Hello Tookie, I know it’s your first day and all but we need you to come here, there’s a murder we need you to investigate.” Captain Ross says. Tookie leans down to pick up the fly with a napkin. But something’s wrong, the bug doesn’t feel soft in the napkin, it feels hard.

“Ok I’ll be right down.” Tookie murmured into the phone absentmindedly. Putting down the phone, Tookie places the napkin on her desk. Slowly she opens the folded piece. “Gah!” Tookie screams, it was a reflex to scream, Tookie always screamed when she expected something to happen.

Looking at the bug closely Tookie notices she’s being silly. “It’s just a dead bug silly.” She mutters to herself. Tookie figures she didn’t press hard enough to feel the squishiness of it. Wrapping the bug up again Tookie throws it into the garbage can.