The party - pt. 3

( pretty long chapter 🤷‍♀️ )

Ace and Stuart were trying to catch their breath. They had been running for about 5 minutes after someone saw ace throwing the pretzels and ran after them. They stopped at a corner in the room and rested.

"Holy shit" Ace was panting "that was intense!" He started laughing and wheezing like crazy.

"Oh my god I thought I was going to die tonight." Stuart took a deep breath and started laughing.

After a while their laughter died down and the awkwardness took over. Ace looked over to Stuart who was still trying to catch his breath, He looked away for a moment and thought, maybe it's time.

"Hey um," he cleared his throat. "I've been meaning to tell you something." Stuart looked and him and hummed.

"Um, maybe somewhere more private? Like.. maybe outs-"

"Ace!" A familiar voice called. Ace turned only to see snake, who didn't look so good..

"Snake, Buddy! How you been? What- woah. Were you crying?"

"W-what?" Snake wiped his cheek and sniffed. "Yeah um no. I-I need to talk to you."

"Ok."

Snake cleared his throat and stared at him. Ace squinted his eyes in confusion. Snake groaned, "somewhere private, Ace."

"Oh! Right, right." Ace turned and looked at Stuart who was busy playing with his hand then turned back. "I can't.. I'm uh, kinda busy right now."

"Ace this is important please I need y-"

"Snake, dude! I have a chance here and I'm not gonna waste it!" He whispered, "if you wanna talk to me, just do it after the party's over or something."

Snake frowned. He furrowed his brows and took a deep breath. "Fine,"

"Thank y-"

"But don't come to me when you need a shoulder to cry when you get fucking rejected!" And with that he left.

"Ace..?" Stuart Poked his arm to get his attention. "You alright?"

"Yeah. I'm good. Here, let's go outside." Ace paused "t-take my hand so y-you don't get lost." Stuart nodded and did what he was told. Ace made an inhuman noise but Stuart ignored it.

__

After Paula left Murdoc be, he went back to the snacks table but to his surprise Stuart wasn't there. Probably still avoiding him, he thought.

The room was packed and the floor was full of pretzels. Axel and Keith are out there somewhere and he had no one to talk to. He grabbed one of those well known red cups and filled it with punch, which he desperately hoped wasn't spiked.

"Murdoc" a familiar voice called "fancy running into you here."

"Ah fuck." Murdoc's mood went from bad, to the absolute worse upon hearing that voice. He chugged his whole cup down. "Zig. How are ya?" He said with the most sarcastic voice.

"Oh just wonderful!" He fake laughed "So? Made up your mind yet? My offer still stands." He smirked.

"How many time do I have to tell you!" Murdoc raised his voice. "I'm. Not. Sleeping. With. You!" Murdoc sighed deeply and pinched his nose out of stress.