Finally Free

Hi guys this is my first story it's rough and just something I got of the top of my head. It's a short story so this will be the only entry. Also I realise it will leave you unsatisfied but that's the point, the rest of the story depends on your imagination.

Enjoy and tell me what you think 

Thanx -Gemma

----------------------------------------

Finally Free

She starred down the barrel of the gun; the black hole that at any second could release the one-way ticket to her death. She moved her gaze a higher… Strong but trembling arm that held the gun, … higher, was his signature white linen shirt drenched in sweat… higher, was his face; the face that haunted her for as long as she could remember. Sharp angular features, his usual bronze skin was white as the shirt he wore and beads of sweat trickled down his temples, a shock of messy black hair plastered against his forehead, white teeth that bit down on his full lips to stop the trembling, higher… His eyes… The leaf green eyes framed by a thick curtain of lashes that tried blinked back the tears, but they still escaped and slid down his tearstained cheeks. Those eyes that begged me to stop, to change my mind, to try harder, to do anything but this. Those eyes that could see right through her; her mind; her heart; her soul. Those eyes that had the power to bring her joy and bring her to tears.

She looked at him one final time and sighed. She closed her eyes and let her mind drift and dream of a perfect world where this wouldn’t be the only way where they could be happy where… but she was jolted out of her fantasy by the clatter of the metal on wood. She fluttered her eyes open to see the gun on the floor and him shaking his had, opening his mouth to say something back only sobs escaped. He backed away from her. She stood up picked up the gun and pressed it back into his shaking hand. He shook his head again running his fingers through his damp hair but it just flopped back onto his forehead. She was the only family he had left, and like the rest, she was leaving him too.

She took his face in her hands and kissed his forehead and whispered in his ear “Please, you promised.” He tried to drop the gun again but her fingers were like iron “I need you” Those three words seemed to give him strength to continue his impossible task; he nodded and wiped the tears from his face.

She felt the cold metal press against her forehead. She looked up to see those determined green eyes, oh how she would miss those eyes. She let a smile spread across her face and closed her eyes plunging her into darkness and waited for the bullet that would set her finally free.

Please comment and tell me what you think 

Thanks