Chapter 1

The Dragon Realm wasn't an expanse of starry galaxy. No, that would be the Celestial World, which one must pass through when they travel to the Dragon Realm, but is not the Dragon Realm. The Dragon Realm is much like the the Realm humans live in, but without all those pesky buildings and civilizations. It was a wild world, untamed by anything. Volcanoes roared and forests grew unhindered and the wind howled past you.

Acnologia and his charge stayed in all manner of places, from mountain tops to meadows to forests, carefully avoiding the dragons who were training their slayers.

Levy was utterly taken by the knowledge Acnologia was bestowing upon her, but she wasn't fit for this untamed world she found herself in. That would, of course, change with time, but for now she was allowed to take regular trips to the world she was used to in order to help her adjust to the world she would live in. Of course, this never would've happened if she were his slayer, but she wasn't. She was never meant to be his slayer. She was going to be his scribe, his herald, his prophet, his general, his advisor, and, most importantly, she was going to be his daughter. In order to fulfill all those roles, she had to have knowledge of all worlds. She had to keep herself sharp and clever. So every so often, he took her to a library. And she would read all manner of books.

One day, before they went in, Acnologia told her that it was time to pick a magic to study. She knew almost immediately what she wanted to study, but carefully considered her other options.

After two long days and three long nights, she approached him and told him that she wanted to study solid script magic.

And study solid script magic she did. Acnologia tracked down the best books on the topics, consulted experts, even let her be taught by one for a while. He watched her get better, her script become larger, her metals more pure, her shields stronger.

And then, one day, when Levy was about to turn eleven, he let her go. He let her go find her way for a few years. He gave her money, more than enough to last her stay, a map, a compass, and a bag with food, water, and a couple of changes of cloths. He told her to go find herself and left her next to the lake he found her in.

It was, on Levy's part, a tearful goodbye. She was going to miss him, but he was right. She needed to define herself.

She went to the village, which had been rebuilt. Almost nothing was the same. Almost. There was one house exactly as it had been, only newer. Her neighbors house. She knew them well, played with their son, who was older than her, often.

She knocked on their door. Her neighbor opened it and he welcomed her inside and they caught up.

He had thought she had died and she told him that someone had found her that night and she had been with him since. When asked where he was, she told him how she was finding herself.

In turn he told her how his wife had died in the fire and how his son went to another town to find work. He offered to let her stay there, but she declined.

She left the village after visiting her parents graves. She left hers up.

She had needed this. She had needed to confront her past.

She set east to a kingdom where she knew there were a lot of mages, Fiore.

A/N: This chapter is really short and I was planning on continuing it until she reached Fiore but I felt this was a good place to stop. It's been a while since I wrote Fairy Tail and I need to get back into it.

I didn't want to leave an authors note in the Prologue, so I'll tell you what I need to here.

This won't have an update schedule. I want to write two chapters ahead, so if I'm taking too long, I can satisfy you with a prewritten chapter, as well as fix any mistakes.

To anyone who read the original, You Have No Idea, this will be going in a completely different direction. I'm just taking the base concept and running with it. Levy McGarden will be focused more around the younger years of her life. I think I'll leave off where the show and manga start up, but I might make a sequel. Other than that I don't really know where this story will go.