The Light

“So you two were dating?” Kristy asked enthusiastically. I blinked and looked around. There was no blood anywhere. I looked around for Logan and saw him on the phone in the corner like he was a few moments ago.

            “Huh,” I said blindly.

            “I asked if you were dating the guy in the picture. He’s a real hottie if you ask me.” Kristy flipped her hair over a shoulder and smiled like nothing had happened.

            “What just happened?” I asked, ignoring her question about me and Noel.

            “Um, you were showing me pictures of you and your friend. Anni are you alright?” I stood up and ran over to Logan. I through my arms around him not caring what Jack and Kristy thought of me.

            “I’ll talk to you later,” Logan said quickly and ended the call.

            “Oh my god I'm so sorry! Are you alright!” I held him back to look for scars.

            “Anni,” he looked at me warily like I was some little kid.

            “Anni what are you doing?” Jack had to almost yell.

            “You guys don’t remember? I almost killed him!” I looked at their bewildered faces and sighed. ‘I got pissed at you for ordering me around and something happened with my hands and then you were laying on the ground and I kissed you and now were back here and you guys don’t remember any of this do you?” I slowed my rant down towards then end when their faces registered somewhere between shock and disbelief.

            “Anni, come here,” Jack said slowly. I walked over to him and he sat me down. He put his hand up against my forehead and lifted my hair.

            “Jack what are you doing?”

            “I want to see how hard you hit your head. Do you feel dizzy at all? Feint?” he stopped playing with my hair and looked into my eyes like a doctor would.

            “I'm not crazy! And I feel fine. Well except for the fact that you all think I'm crazy.” I put my head down.

            “Hey it’s not that we don’t believe you it’s just…” Logan sat down next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

            “Yes it is, god I wish I could prove it to you,” my hands felt prickly so I flexed them into fists.

            “It’s alright Anni,” Kristy comforted me.

            “Alright. So where are we going?”

            “I was working out the travel details a minute ago. Give me another minute, oh and I have something for you.” Logan got up and offered me a hand.

            “Yeah I know the phone. Like you take trophies from everything you battle.” I sighed and took his hand but he dropped it immediately.

            “Damn it! You burnt me!” he jumped back and held the hand I had just touched. I looked down at my own hands that were glowing a bright white.

            “What,” I turned my hand around to look at it better.

            “Anni! What is that?” Kristy looked at my hands. I held my palm down and focused all my energy into my hands, and nothing happened.

            “I down know,” I said in awe.

            “Well it burnt him pretty badly. I think he needs a doctor.” Jack said looking at Logan’s hand.