CHAPTER 2

Terra had just managed to jump out of the way before Danny tackled Spectra. "Hey!" she cried to no avail to get him to let up on her. She moved to try and push Danny off of the woman, when she threw the boy back herself, sending him flying back to the wall. Terra's eyes widened in shock.

The room went deathly silent as the dust settled, people trying to see what had happened to the young teenage boy. But, when the dust had gone the black-haired boy was nowhere to be seen.

The woman growled, and when Terra looked back she saw a stout man had joined her side. A bushy mustache took over his face, graying hair, and he seemed to be almost a servant by the way they looked to each other.

"Stupid halfa," she snapped. She started walking to the emergency exit door fairly calmly, which was right next to the wall that Danny had disappeared through. Terra looked to the bricks, but not so much as a dent nor scratch was in the wall, it was as if he had never been there. Terra's mind snapped back into place, and she began to follow the woman out the door. Something was wrong here, and she was going to get to the bottom of it.

The moment she stepped outside, she swore she had gone insane. Before her, a young boy with snow white hair and glowing green eyes was shooting some type of green laser from his hands. The woman from before deflected it with some type of green shield.

"Poor boy, you're really all alone now, aren't you," she taunted. "It was all your fault after all."

"Leave me alone Spectra!" the boy shouted, and Terra recognized Danny's voice. "Can't I feel bad on my own time, why do I need you to come and make everything worse!" He stopped the laser and went to ram her.

He was mere yards, when the man from before changed. His human body seemed to melt away to that of a green dog. It tackled the young ghost-boy, toppling him into the wall. This time, there were several bits of wall dented.

"What did I say?" Spectra said, walking up to him. "Just a creepy little boy, with creepy little powers." Her voice was more a hiss, and Danny's head must have been rattled as he seemed confused as to what was going on.

"Creepy little powers, huh?" Terra shouted. "You're one to talk lady!" Her own eyes began to glow, a deep yellow color. Narrowed in anger, she found some rocks to the side, and sent them flying forward, hitting the woman in the back as she had no time to react to the teenage girl, and was thrown to the side.

"New friend, already? How could you forget about those who you killed so fast?" she asked, her voice back to a taunt. Her body seemed to melt away, much like the mans', to reveal that of a shadow that could have been made of ink. Danny, regaining his senses, looked both hurt and angered at the comment.

"Shut up!" he shouted, firing yet another hand beam. This time, her loyal servant had once again taken the blast.

Terra, her hands already starting to have a faint yellow glow around them, was picking up other nearby rocks. It was too much a populated area, she couldn't risk losing control now. She started toward the woman once again, but this time she disappeared. "What?" Terra cried, surprised enough to lose her concentration. The rocks and the glow fell as she looked around.

She looked to Danny, who was holding out some type of thermos, which emitted a blue glow that sucked in the servant man. It was then, that an arm wrapped around Terra's neck, and she was being held up. "Let go!" she cried, flailing to get out of the grip who she guessed to be the woman's.

"No," she replied. "Let's make a deal, the girl, for the thermos."

Terra was going to have no part in being somebody's hostage. "No deal!" Terra snapped, and her eyes glowed a bright yellow, spikes tore from the ground below, hitting the woman, and sending her flying into the building behind them.

Spectra let out a faint grown as she hit the wall, with Terra's eyes still glowing yellow, and the Earth still moving around her threateningly, Danny took out the thermos once again, and sucked in the woman.

"Hey, great job," he smiled, trying to land next to her, but the rocks that continued to come out of the alley were making it nearly impossible. Terra realized this, and fear started to overcome her. She was losing control, and fast. "You can stop now," he cried, dodging a jut of Earth as it spit at him.

"I'm trying," Terra cried, bending down and closing her eyes. She had to regain her powers. It took only a minute before everything stopped, and Terra looked to see the damage she had inflicted in the alley. "Well," she decided, "it could have been worse."

"Worse? It's pretty bad now," Danny said.

"Thanks," she groaned, rolling her eyes. "Please don't tell anyone."

"About what? Your powers? Oh, can't control them yet, right?" Danny asked, landing next to her.

"Yeah," she nodded sheepishly.

"It's fine, took me a while too," Danny said. "So, Terra, right?"

"Yeah," Terra nodded. "So, you must be Danny. And by the logo on your suit I'd have to say you're also Danny Phantom. I've been watching your work for a while, you're pretty good."

Danny lifted an eyebrow confused, "You've been watching me?"

Terra nodded. "Yeah, I follow all kinds of teen superheroes. People like you, the Teen Titans. Heroes that can actually control their powers, unlike me. I would almost say I idolize people like you," she explained. Her cheeks flushed a little bit of color, but Danny took no notice.

"Oh, cool," Danny said with a smile. The first real smile since he had lost those of whom he cared for. He changed back into his normal human form. "So, Earth powers?"

"Yep," Terra nodded. "And you're half-ghost then, right? Seeing as you change from human to ghost after all." Danny nodded. The two went silent for a minute, neither knowing what to say to the other. It was then that inspiration struck Terra.

A small smile spread across her face, "Hey, I got an idea. Why don't we travel together?"

Danny looked taken aback by the offer. "Travel together?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow. Terra nodded excitedly.

"Yeah," she said. "We both don't have anyone to go to, nor anywhere to go. So, we'll travel together. Keep each other company, how does that sound? I was planning on heading over to Jump City, I've been wanting to check it out for a while now. It's where the Teen Titans are." Danny was quiet, as he considered the offer.

"Sure," he nodded after a moment. She was right, he had nowhere to go to and nobody else. He had thought of being a traveling loner, but admitted to himself that he rather enjoyed the blond girl's company.

The girl's face brightened immediately. "Great," she said. "Come on, let's get out of here before anyone sees the mess I made." Danny smiled, and the two partners walked out of the ally.

Both excited that not only had a plan for the future, but both had finally made a friend.