Basic Rundown

I read over Merle's long message and fully understood why he wanted me to deliver this to his brother.

One of the reasons was he wanted to make sure I was safe.

As big of an asshole as Merle was he did have a heart.

I couldn't help but smile a little at the:

'You better keep her pretty little ass safe.'

I shook my head slightly and handed the letter back to Daryl.

"Guess my brother really trusted ya, didn't he girl?"

"Sure as hell did. Merle's the one that taught me almost everything I know, if it wasn't for him I'd be a walker. All that Governor thought was that since I was a damn woman, that all I was good for was cleanin' their clothes and fixin' their food. I threatened to jab his eye out if he didn't give me a better job. Had to put a knife to ya brother's throat a few times to get my point across to NOT TOUCH MY MOTHERFUCKIN' ASS."

Daryl laughed so slightly that it was barely audible.

"How good are ya with weapons?"

"Depends on what kind of weapons ya talkin' about. If ya wait till I can fucking walk again I'll show you."

He nodded his head slightly.

"DARYL COME ON, WE GOT A SUPPLY RUN"

I heard someone yell down from the top of the metal stairs.

Daryl got up and started to walk out, then turned and nodded slightly.

I wasn't sure what to think of Daryl yet, but then again I guess I just haven't met him yet.

I looked around the room and wondered what to do.

I knew I would be unable to fall asleep again, since I had just woke up an hour ago.

I tried sitting up again and an action as simple as that didn't bring as much pain as it did earlier, but it still hurt.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and tried to stand up and almost as soon as I was on my feet, I was on the ground. I had fallen on the side of my body where I got hit.

"SHITFNRSOanklrno!" My cry of pain slowly turned into mutters of profanity.

I heard footsteps that sounded like they were moving at a fast pace and hoped that they were coming to save my pitiful ass.

"Woah, you OK?"

The voice was obviously that of a man, but it wasn't Hershel and it certainly wasn't Daryl.

"Heh, Nope."

"Here."

The man extended his hand and threw my arm over his shoulder then helped me onto my bed without causing too much pain. Thank God.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

I looked up to see who the man was and even in the dark I recognized the pale complexion and brown eyes of Glenn and the realization hit me in the face like a brick.

"GLENN!!"

"EDEN?!"

I threw my arms around him as best that I could manage, without bringing both of us pain.

"Oh my god."

I mumbled.

"H-How did you get here?!"

He looked at the bandages around where I got hurt and added "And what happened?"

"Well ya might want to sit down 'cause it's a long story. You know if you want the entire story."

"Uh, yeah." He said in a 'duh' tone. Glenn sat down and looked at me waiting for the story to begin, like a impatient child.

I laughed a little and told him the entire story from me seeing my brother in a hallucination to Daryl shooting me in the ass and leg with arrows and he laughed at some when I told him.

"I can't believe that I found Merle's brother and saw y'all in an hour...Where's Maggie?" I asked cautiously considering how long it had been since I last saw them.

"Maggie's around here somewhere. She either went on the supply run or helping around the prison."

"Good. I've missed you guys so much."