Who am I?

He treaded into my room confidently, barely any clothing on. I took one look and fell off my chair, using it as a defence to chastity.

Dalton had already pulled out the knife he had hidden and pointed it at this strange man.

I bid myself to calm, my power had almost slipped once again.

"Who dares point a blade to me?" That man thundered, clearly enraged.

"I have come for your mistress's services! Can you not see that boy? Step aside." He shoved Dalton who was much smaller than him to the side but gained no ground on me.

Dalton blocked his path once again.

"My honourable Mistress offers no such services." his voice was low and he and the blade both glared at the intruder.

"What is the meaning of this outrage." I regain my balance and authority, the man had loose but luxurious clothing.

"C-cousin." I waver before finding the proper words to address the King.

"Woman, why do you not bow before me?" his face was a serious calm, the one that comes before the storm, I touched his thoughts ever so slightly and felt a genuine curiosity and a fuse.

The arrogance of this man!

I bowed ever so slightly. I was no concubine.

"You don't seem to be understanding me.." he stepped foreword slowly, looking down on me, I allowed myself to bow further, if my pride held up Dalton would suffer the brunt. He was itching to get in the King's way, it was not a fight he could win so easily, not while keeping my honour.

Most certainly not while fulfilling our mission. It would be a more difficult thing than I thought. My hair which had been down now fell almost to the floor, shameful, I felt my face redden in anger.

"Most befitting of one your standard." I moved my eyes upwards to look at Dalton, he was furious, i could see it from his stance.

"Why are you looking up?" The King's tone was dangerous, "How dare you defy my orders... a mere woman!" He lifted his hand to hit me and I saw Dalton spring into action. It would all go wrong here, the nervousness in my blood was unbearable.

What can I do? Should I use it here? Do I have no choice? 

I could be found, but if this continues Dalton would be killed no doubt, you could see it in the King's eyes.

I let my power flow in full force, My vision turns red and I once again see our world, it is dyed red but I see the vast river of human souls flow in front of me until the horizon, where it enters the underworld.

The whisps that form the river swirl and flow, forever changing and changing the patterns of their glow.

I can no longer feel the ground or my weight, around this time my body would be slipping into the unconcious. I search quickly, for the odd soul of my target, I made eye contact with this King before i lost conciousness so his soul should be nearby.  I spot the angry soul, burning brighter red than all others, reaching into it with one hand I look for Dalton's soul quickly and reach my other hand into it.

I channel seperate thoughts into both of their souls, it is streneuous to keep them appart so I leave the thoughts simple, impulses flow off of my fingers and I pull my hands out. My vision is blurring out and I retreat to the shore of the river before I can see nothing, the majority of my conciousness has now returned to it's body.

I awake and feel myself falling onto the floor, I put my arms out to stop my head from hitting the floor quickly.

The King stood paralyzed in place, ready to strike me and Dalton's sword missed the King by two inches.