Part 1

I do not own Kong: Skull Island or any of it's characters. I do own my OC however.

-----------------

Somewhere Over the South Pacific Ocean, 1944

A plane crashes on a beach. The pilot lands a moment later, untangling himself from his parachute. A second plane crashes along with another pilot. He is revealed to be Japanese.

The American shoots three time at the Japanese man. He runs out of bullets and starts to run across the beach. The Japanese man chases him and the race through a jungle, eventually coming to a cliff. There is a fight that leaves the American on his back with a knife millimeters from his throat.

Before the Japanese can finish the American a huge hand comes up on either side of the two. They both look at the cliff and a giant ape peers down at them. The Japanese man drops the knife, and the two men simply stare at the ape.

Washington DC, 1973

It was a clear day in Washington DC, yet it was far from peaceful.

Protesters were calling for the end of the Vietnam war, and the police were barely keeping people from storming Capitol Hill. A taxi pulled up in front of the protesters and two men got out, one African american, one white. The white man turned to his colleague as they climbed the steps up to the building.

"Mark my words," he said, "There will never be a more screwed up time in Washington. But we can't let it stop us."

The two men proceeded up the steps, each of them was carrying a briefcase with the word "MONARCH" on it and a symbol beneath it. They entered the building and headed through a packed hallway. Everyone was in a frenzy over the Vietnam issue.

"Maybe now's not the best time to ask," the African American man said to his partner as they made their way through the halls.

The other man answered without skipping a beat, "Monarch is on the cusp of being shut down Brooks, we're broke. Once this war ends we'll never be able to get approval for our expedition."

They made their way into a room that was just as busy as the hallway, heading towards a desk.

Brooks looked at the other man, an urgent tone in his voice, "I'm not confident in our presentation. I mean, all our materials are on loose leaf," the white man continued to walk forward, ignoring Brooks until he jumped in front of him. "In one day, one day, I could have had all of this organized and bound."

Both men turned and looked at the TV in the corner of the room. Where President Nixon was giving an address, "...We have concluded in agreement to end the war and bring peace with honor in Vietnam."

The white man's face slowly changed as the realization of what the president was saying sunk in. He turned to Brooks with a grim look on his face.

"We don't have a day."

The two men walked up to the secretaries desk.

"Hello there, Bill Randa to see Senator Willis." The secretary looked up at him with a fake smile and over the top cheerfulness. The stress in her expression was evident.

"Of course Mr. Randa. I left you a message this morning about rescheduling today's appointment. But he should have something available in the coming week-s." She drew out the "s" extra long and Randa rolled his eyes. Brooks just looked over his shoulder with a look that communicated both amusement and non suprisal.

At that moment the senator comes out of his office behind a leaving man. Neither looked very happy and his face only fell more when he saw Randa. He muttered something that sounded like an "oh god" under his breath.