1 || chapter one

nina awoke to sunlight shining in her face. her clock read 9:28 a.m., and she let out a groan.

She wished for just once to let her body clock turn off and allow her to sleep in.

nina felt even worse when she realized what she had signed herself up for the day before.

realizing she smelt like shit, nina scrunched up her face and walked over to her bathroom, turning on the shower faucet.

it wasn't long before she had finished washing her hair and body.

nina slips on a white tank top and sleeveless light blue hoodie. she then puts on loose gray sweatpants, and finally, blue running shoes. then packs a small sack with money, bandages, water, and tampons.

making sure to brush her short hair before she leaves, nina locks the door to her apartment and begins walking down to the sabertooth guild hall.

as she pushes open the door to the guild with her left hand, nina makes sure to not drop the ice cream cone held in her right. she had seen a new little ice cream shop that she had assumed to have opened after she left for her last job.

nina turned her head and saw yukino, rogue, and frosche sitting together. frosche was plopped on rogue's head, while rogue and yukino sat across from each other.

nina didn't really want to interrupt their alone time, but she wanted to talk to one of her best friends, too.

that want of hers took priority.

nina dropped down next to yukino and took a big bite of her ice cream, causing horror and concern to cross her friends' faces.

yukino sweatdropped at the water dragon slayer, "i don't understand how you can just bite ice cream like that, nina."

frosche popped his head up, "fro thinks so, too!"

while using her nail to scratch the underside of frosche's chin, nina said, "you just have abnormally sensitive teeth, yukino."

rogue piped in, "or maybe you have abnormally un-sensitive teeth."

nina didn't take notice to the friendly jab, "it could just have something to do with my magic. i mean, i can control all properties of water, which basically means i can control ice."

"maybe."

nina then remembered what she wanted to talk about.

"so, i was checking all the places i had bruises this morning, and it turns out i have a bruise under my left tiddy."

yukino gave a small laugh at nina's choice of words, while rogue sweatdropped.

nina continued, "so i have a bruised tiddy."

in a stroke of genius, two words suddenly popped in nina's mind. it seemed yukino also experienced this because her eyes widened. the two mages simultaneously opened their mouths, saying—

"bruised bitties!"

the two girls then collapsed into each other, both of them laughing with tears falling out their eyes. rogue sat across from them with his eyes closed, a small chuckle leaving his lips.