Home Sweet Home

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." Wes said.

You all got in close for a big group hug, then gave each other individual hugs. You and the girls had a hard time saying goodbye.

You guys grabbed your things and went out to the party bus. The driver was driving everyone to the airport. During the ride, you got the others to autograph your Maze Runner book. Right when you put it back in your backpack, the bus came to a stop. You all got off and the driver got your suitcases out of the luggage compartments.

Everyone walked in the airport to check in their bags and received their tickets. You noticed that some fans in the airport recognized you guys. Everyone went through security, then that was it.

The final goodbye.

You found the gate number for the flight home. But right as you guys sat down, it was time to board. You guys gave the flight attendant your tickets and went through the terminal. You guys walked onto the plane and found your seats. You, Thomas, and Dexter were in a row. Dylan and Ki Hong sat in a row across from you three. You sat next to the window.

The flight attendants came on over the intercom. They went over the safety procedures, flight information, and instructed to turn off electronics. You put your phone on airplane mode and put it in your pocket. Then, the plane went in reverse. Dexter distributed chewing gum to help with ear popping during the flight. You couldn't help but look out the window. The plane made a few turns on the runway, then it took off.

This is it. You're going home. Goodbye New Mexico/Scorch.

After about thirty minutes, one of the flight attendants came on the intercom. She said that passengers can use our electronics now. You pulled out your phone and turned off airplane mode. You took out your headphones and played on your music. You put your favorite playlist on repeat.

Not too long into the flight, you were getting tired. You laid your head on Thomas's shoulder and fell asleep, then you felt his head lay on yours. He fell asleep too. Without you knowing, Ki Hong snapchated you, Thomas, Dexter, and Dylan sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~

You felt shaking on your shoulder.

"Y/n? Love, wake up. We're almost there." Thomas said.

You rubbed your eyes and put your headphones away. You looked out the window and saw land below.

Then, the ground got closer and the plane landed on the runway. The plane went to the terminal and parked. Everyone was getting up from their seats to stretch. It felt so good to stand up. You guys grabbed your carry-on bags and walked off the airplane. You guys walked out of the terminal and were in the airport. You took a deep breath in and out.

"It feels good to be home." you said.

Since this was your airport, the guys followed you to baggage claim. You guys got your suitcases and went outside to wait for a shuttle bus.

"Hey y/n. Are there any restaurants nearby? I'm getting hungry." Ki Hong said.

"Yes." you said.

Then, the bus came. The driver put your suitcases on the bus and drove to the airport parking lot.

You guys got off the bus and went to your car. You got in the driver's seat. Thomas got in the passenger's seat. Dylan, Ki Hong, and Dexter were in the backseat. You drove out of the parking lot and went to a restaurant.