Chapter 1

Set now but the underworld roof collapse and Carla's psychosis never happened.

"Carla, are you even listening to me?" Peter grunts noticing Carla gazing ahead, motionless. She didn't even know Peter started speaking. "Carla!" He waves his hand in her face.

"Oh, Sorry." Carla mumbles, sitting up straight in her black leather chair at the factory.

"Are you alright?" He questions.

"I'm not feeling great." She rubs her head.

"Still?! How come?" He narrows his eyes.

"Probably just because I couldn't sleep last night. Actually, I've been up all week with this back pain. I just don't feel right, might be a bug."

"Well get yourself checked out if this carries on yeah? You were restless the whole night." He says as she nods. "Do you want to take the rest of the day off?"

"No I'm not going to leave you here alone with all the work we have to do." She sighs.

"I have Sarah."

"Nah...I'll be okay. And she's gone for an early lunch anyway."

"If you're sure." He narrows his eyes, watching her pale complexion worsen and her running a tired hand through her hair.

"Mm-hmm." She nods, smiling ever so softly as he places a kiss onto her forehead.

Later that day, it was clear no work was being done on Carla's side of the desk. She was sat hunched over, staring blankly. It looked as if she was in some sort of trance, not in reality.

Peter was typing away opposite her, regularly looking across at his lover. He was really worried about her and could tell she was getting more ill. The thought of it being anything serious did occur however Simon had a bug recently so he guessed she must've caught it from him.

"Car, are you okay?" He pipes up.

"I just want to get home and cuddle you for the evening to be honest." She replies, quietly. A dizzy spell washing over her.

"Your wish is my demand. We could get a takeaway too?"

"I haven't got an appetite. I feel like I could be sick at any moment."

"It's near enough the end of the day anyway. I'll send them home so we can lock up. Put your coat on."

"I need to go to the toilets first." She mutters, panicking to herself.

As Carla stood up, the dizziness she was currently experiencing got so much worse. She held onto the desk and took a series of deep breaths. Closing her eyes in distress, she tried to regulate her breathing that was so out of rythem.

Peter hasn't noticed the current state of his soulmate because he was too busy chatting to some of the machinist's whilst they packed away their stuff.

"Peter..." Carla whispers, dread washing over her as she was feeling worse by the second.

Peter didn't hear; too busy laughing at something Sean had said.

"Peter." She moans, louder yet still quietly.

"Hmm?" He spun around to face her. "Oh my god, you're chalk white. Are you alright?"

"I don't feel good." She replies, a hand coming up to her forehead. "Oh..."

"Sit down, sit down." He panics. "I'm taking you to the medical centre."

"Peter..." she breathes, eyes suddenly rolling back as she collapses in a heap on the floor. Peter tried to support her, to grab her arm but it was no use. Her body completely shut down beneath him.