The Little One is Dramatic

Today felt like a normal day. It felt like everything was going to be great. My outfit was on point, I had all my work done. But of course I was Dead. Fucking. Wrong.

Today was the absolute worst day in history.

* 3 hours earlier*

I was sitting with Dain and Caine in our 1st period Music Class. They were the craziest twins I had ever met and they always got me in loads of trouble. But that didn't stop me from hanging out with them did it?

Anyways, we were playing cards when the fire alarm went off.

"Um I don't think there is a fire... So everyone stay calm and stay in your seats please." Our teacher was right. It couldn't be an actually fire because it was down right pouring. I mean, it's Seattle.

Enough said right?

As our teacher phoned the office, the twins and I talked about the new Marvel Movies.

"Phase Three is going to be amazing! They have movies lined up all the way until 2019!"

"I know right? Phase Three looks like Marvel Domination."

"I wonder how they are gonna make Avengers Civil War work. Won't they have to make new Avengers?"

"You moron! They can just pull more Avengers out from the comics!"

"You guys are both stupid. It's not just the avengers. It's all of Marvel."

And with that, the lights were shut off.

"Um, Mr.Neilson? What in the name of Green Arrow is going on?" I ask but Mr.Neilson looks like he is going to pass out. My poor unnoticed Arrow Reference....

"Um Ms.Summers, can you come here please?" Mr.Neilson asks and you can tell he is trying to keep his cool. Okay. What is really going on here?

I get up and walk over to his desk, looking back at the twins with a shrug.

"Ms.Summers? Can I trust you with what I am about to tell you?"

Wow. Suspicious much?

"Yeah sure. If you cheated Mr.Neilson I'm sure Mrs.Neilson won't kill you too much." I say with a smile but Mr.Neilson, who is the funniest teacher I have, doesn't even crack a smile. Shit. Just. Got. Real.

"Ms.Summers, now is not really the time for games. The school is on lockdown and we need to make contact with the outside."

Oh. Of course. He called me over so I could call my MVP status police parents and save us all. Of course.

"Yeah. I'll get right on it."

I walk back over to my bag and pull out my emergency phone. My parents decided to give me a separate phone for police emergencies. I wasn't really complaining when I found out that meant more room for Doctor Who Episodes and Sherlock Fan Fictions. I pull it out and dial my fathers number.

"Yeah hey. We are on lockdown and I need some information." My tone being very nonchalant for our current situation.

"Well I'm sure I can answer your questions for you, seeing that I am the one in charge." Said the most sexiest voice I have probably ever heard. He sounds like an Abercrombie model. From what I hear, they are super cute! I've never been in there so I wouldn't know.

"Um yeah who is this?" I ask, moving on from the fact that this kids voice could be the death of me.

"Well sweetheart, you can call me Mr.Killer for now."

"Wow. How original." I say with a yawn. This doesn't seem too dangerous.

"Look. I honestly couldn't care less about what ever "threats" you have. I would just like to know why me and my peers have to die."

Instead of begging for mercy, I'm trying to be reasonable. I could get all of the information in the world and still not make it out alive. But if I know why I'm going to have a pre-mature, non-epic death, I can go a little more peacefully.

"Hm.... That's new. Your question intrigues me little one. What is your name?"

"I'm Batman."

"You know for someone who knows they have a 75% chance of death, you are extremely calm. I could use someone like you...." I laugh at this. Like I would ever join sides with a killer.

Little did I know that was exactly what I would do.

"Okay Ms.Confident. I'm outside of your call point. Come outside." He says and I look around the room. Everyone is just talking, oblivious to what could actually happen. The human race can be so blind sometimes.

Now, I can either go outside and just let the killer do his job or let the killer do his job and kill us all. My classmates are to innocent to die so early. And that made my decision final.

Before anyone can stop me, I open the door to the classroom and run outside. I kick the doorknob off so that no one can come after me.

"Mari! What in the hell are you doing?" I hear Dain and Caine yell from inside.

"Don't worry about me. Okay? Promise me guys." I whisper, leaning on the door. A tear rolls down my face as I finally realize what is going to happen. I really am going to die.

"We promise Mari. Now promise us you will come back alive." I don't respond. I can't respond. I know I'm not coming back. I get up and walk towards the hooded figure in the hallway.

"Wow Little one. So dramatic."