foreword

Extended Summary

Renée Kim thrives in invisibility. In a small town like Redstone, invisible is the best thing you can be when you are not popular. And who cares about popularity when you are comfortably tucked away in the school corner with your friends, who steer away from teen drama as well as you do?

But her need to stay away from the deadly currents that are high school gossips also means that she has never attempted to win over the heart of Daniel Lee, school enigma who she's been friends with for the last five years. She is certain that to this resident heartthrob, she is probably just another classmate that rarely crosses his mind.

But her plan to stay under the radar is soon challenged. After an accidental heart-to-heart and a half-hearted joke, she teams up with fellow social recluse, Jake Chen, for an insane, half-brewed fake dating scheme. The plan is to make Daniel jealous, as well as someone in Jake's heart who he's not ready to reveal yet.

So she puts herself through what she hates the most - attention from people - and hopes that this will not lead her closer to heartbreak.

Author's Note

Here is my new story! This wasn't what I planned to do for Camp Nano, but I ended up writing quite a bit for this because it's been so much fun making new characters.

This is a spin-off of my other story, The Way Back Home. That said, you do not need to read the TWBH to understand this (although I'd greatly appreciate it if you do!). It's set in the same universe and some characters do make a cameo.

This is an extremely self-indulgent story and will probably be more of a short story than a full length novel. Thank you for checking this out and I hope you enjoy!