SEQUEL

Hello beautiful readers!

The title of this section gives it away...After the Ink is getting a sequel!!

When I finished this book, I ended it in a way that would be open to a sequel, but also with implications that Dylan and Lacey would find each other again in the future. Now that I'm older I find myself not being fulfilled with happy endings. I want an ending that's close to reality, and to me Dylan and Lacey staying together after high school wasn't a reality at all. I tried to make a happy ending, but it felt too Disney for me. Not all couples stay together after high school, but that doesn't mean they don't find each other later on.

An ending I loved, yet hated so much, was the ending to the movie Someone Great. It was heartbreaking, but it was so real. For me that was the perfect ending to a story, even though it wasn't what I wanted (and I won't spoil it, but seriously, watch that movie).

Anyway, I wrote this story eight years ago as a fourteen year old and I had no idea this story would mean so much to me. I barely edited it last year, and now I'm ready to continue the story for these characters. Their lives aren't finished yet, and I want you all to know that I'm working hard to get the story right for the sequel.

Some of you have asked about the possibility of a sequel...

And some of you have made some guesses on what the sequel will be about

Well now the wait is over!! The sequel, titled Maid in Ink, is published on my profile (:

Thank you beautiful souls for reading this story ❤️