25. Ice Cubes *TW*

trigger warning: brief mentions of self harm

i said I'd update today , so here's the chapter

Adonis»

Farrah returned from downstairs, and climbed back into her bed.

"We're good." She said grinning.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, they don't come home until around 6. It's only 3 right now.."

"Oh..cool."

I couldn't help but notice Farrah staring intently at my neck.

"Shit, it's worse than I thought." She mumbled, examining closely. "We gotta get those off you."

"What is it??"

"Just a couple hickeys, I know your mom would freak out if she saw them."

Eden used to get in trouble for hickeys, but once he got to be about 16, my mother stopped caring. However, I knew this would not be the case for me.

"How do I get rid of them?"

"An ice cube should do the trick fine, if not I'll cover it for you. Don't worry."

"I'm not worried. What's the worst that could happen?"

All those times Eden would say 'what's mom gonna do?' Id think he was crazy and stupid. But by now, I'm to a point where I think the same thing. What is she gonna do?

"We don't wanna find out the worst that could happen, Adonis. Ugh I should have put them somewhere people can't see." She said, touching my neck.

"...you could still do that."

Farrah»

"I suppose I could." I said, climbing on top of him, causing a small smile to appear on his face, despite his efforts to hide it.

"Could you do me a favor?" I asked, playing with the strings of his sweatpants.

"What is it?"

"Could you...take this off please?" I said, tugging on the bottom of his shirt.

To my surprise, with little hesitation Adonis took off his shirt, tossing it next to us.

I leaned down kissing him lower than before, leaving lighter hickeys on his collarbone.

A quiet groan escaped his lips, inciting me to go lower.

I didn't know why it was so easy to trust Adonis, but it was. I trusted him with things that I wouldn't trust anyone with. But the farther things got, the more I began to think of the time I tried with Keith. And no matter how far I wanted to go with Adonis, I couldn't stop thinking about things more troubling.

"Don." I said, sitting up.

"Yeah?"

"I..can't." I sighed, climbing off of him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay I just..I'm just..thinking a lot."

"I understand. Don't feel pressured Farrah..that's not what I want to do. It's okay."

Butterflies filled my stomach out of embarrassment. Even if I anticipated one of us to be in dismay, I didn't expect it to be me.

If I wasn't ready I shouldn't have acted like I was. Now I've made things awkward by randomly stopping in the middle.