02

16 years later

16 years later...

streets of hongdae,
   where youngsters can be seen throughout the day and night. “have you heard the news?”chanyeol asked, impatiently waiting for the answer from kai and him. “what news?”kai questions him back. “a rich family is looking for a butler.”chanyeol informed the two who were looking at their shoes which they've polished while waiting for ahjussi to arrive.
   “what's your point, hyung?”he pointed out. “aren't we good with kids?”chanyeol question him. he nodded as an answer and chanyeol spoke again. “since we're jobless 24/7 so why not be their butler?” chanyeol suggested making the two maknaes burst to laughters at his suggestion.

“butler? i wouldn't want to waste my time for that.”
    he told between laughter. “they pay good amount of cash.”chanyeol added, hoping them to listen but they didn't which annoyed him more than it has. “we have more than enough money for our living.”sehun stated. “i know but-”chanyeol was interrupted. “-but what?"they impatiently ask him.
     he heaved a sighed and discontinued his statement. “nevermind.”chanyeol gave up begging. not long later, ahjussi arrived with his usual smile. “anyeong ahjussi.” the trio greeted calmly. “anyeong.”

“what was the noise about back here?”
     ahjussi ask without fading his smiles away at the kids who he watched them grow as an adult. “chanyeol suggested us to be butlers of some rich family.”kai answered and started off laughing at how silly it sounds to him. “otoke."ahjussi laughs. “i mean- we need to earn some money to pay our apartment right?”chanyeol started off.

the trio stays in a huge apartment that was owned by his father and now it is owned by a famous chef.
      sehun was raised from a very rich family eversince he was born, whatever he never ask for is always there for him. he never liked living as the son of the nation's richest business man. his dad never was there for him when he needs him.
     he was abroad making business tie with others out there— and the day his grandma died, sehun ran away and start living with the ahjussi who he often visit whenever he's lonely.

no one have seen nor remember the look of his face.
       which gave him more advantage to have a life like an average person. since that day, no one knew who he really was except his hyungs and ahjussi. they know how much sehun hated his life due to attracting everyone's attention so they kept silent till this day.
      “sehun-ah.”ahjussi called. no response.
“sehun.”he called once again hoping for an answer but no. he was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't hear anything until ahjussi pinched his arm and it startled him. “ne?!”he whined in pain.
     “she's back.” ahjussi mischievous smile appeared however it didn't ring his bell. he began to ask himself what was wrong with ahjussi.

“who is she, ahjussi?”
      kai butts in between their conversation. “exactly, who is she?”chanyeol emphasize the word ‘she'. ahjussi shook his head, disbelieving how clueless sehun is right now. everyone remained in silent until a luxury car arrived and blocked their view of the big building across ahjussi store.
      with the look of that car, he instantly knew what ahjussi meant and quickly plaster his famous poker face on to avoid showing any expression but deep down his pulse was beating rapidly and felt like his heart gonna burst.

“daddy, i don't need a butler.”
      a soft warm voice appeared but no sign of anyone says his eyes. “mr kim is enough and what's the point of getting a butler now?”the voice of a woman continues and until then no one seen her except hearing the young lady's voice.
     suddenly, all their attention went to the man who opened the backseat door. the girl stepped out, revealing a blonde haired lady. from that glance of her backside, he knew she was her.  she was the lady he have been waiting. no-one else but–

lalisa manoban.

© self-delusion.