CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

I don't remember falling asleep, but Cal must have tucked me in and turned on the TV. He knew I couldn't stay asleep without it. I don't really know why, but my brain needed background noise for me to sleep. I woke up to the sunlight peeking through my curtains. My head was pounding from the pressure of crying myself to sleep last night.
Looking at the clock, my heart is jolted awake in seeing the time. 9:14 am. My body flew out of bed before my brain could catch up, leaving me lightheaded. I ignore the sensation and rush to my closet throwing in sweat pants and a tank top.
I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. Grabbing an apple I head to the garage. Cal took the car today since it was Friday. We had a car to bike system. On Mondays, Wednesday's, and Fridays he got the car. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I got the car. Which meant the rest of my week was biking for me.
Climbing on the bike, I put my helmet on before starting the engine. I backed out of the driveway, and rode down the street praying that the nice attendance lady was working today.
Making my way to the school, I arrived just as the fifth period bell rang, signaling the beginning of class. Mrs. Josef was working today and just gave me a small smile as she opened the door. I hustled to fifth period, aware that I looked like a homeless person. I opened the door to fifth period English, the door slamming against the wall as I walked to the back. I said my apologies to Mr. Chang and sat down, heaving a sigh of relief. I lay my head in my hands and close my eyes, needing a moment to myself when I feel a hand rubbing my back.
I slowly lift my head,turning to follow the arm. Luke, with a sad smile on his face, looked at me concerned.
"What's wrong, Jerico?" The concern in his voice brings a small reassuring smile to my lips in hopes of convincing him.
"Nothing, I just overslept." I tried to make my smile look more convincing as I answered. I sat up a bit and showed him that I was fine. His eyes told me that he didn't believe me in the slightest.
"That's not it." he replied, shaking his head in denial. I bit my lip turning my head away from him.
"What do you mean?" I questioned as I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth.
"You were crying." was all he said before turning his attention back to his book. His arm was still rubbing circles on my back as he read. I sat there, shocked and confused at his words. I could tell that he wasn't asking as much as stating the fact that I'd been crying. I ignored it though, too tired to play with him, and grabbed my bag in search of my book.
I move a few notebooks around hoping to find it with no luck. I groan, laying my head on the desk in frustration. I remember laying my book on the nightstand last night when Jace called. I must have been in too much of a hurry this morning to remember to put it in my bag.
"Here, we'll share." Luke whispered tilting his book towards me.
"Aish, thanks." I quietly send my thanks and lean closer to him.
He chuckles, a small strained of hair falling into his face. I scrunch my nose unaware of what he found amusing. I open my mouth, ready to question. He seems to read my expression, quick to answer me unasked questions.
"You're the only person I've met in this entire school other than Mr. Chang that says 'Aish.' it's cute." he brushed the strain out of his face and turned back to his book leaving me blushing and nervous.
My head still hurts from last night and I know my face looks a mess but at this point I was too tired to care. I drug my eyes along the page, following the words and forming a moving picture in my mind.
My eyes slowly started to feel heavy as time went on, strained as they continued to absorb the letters. My head fell, resting on Luke's shoulder as I fought with my brain to continue reading. Luke's head tilted, resting itself on top of mine. I felt oddly calm in the moment as we shared the book. My eyes got lost in the words and finally gave up all together. I let my eyes fall shut and drift off. 
I feel soft fingers brushing the hair away from my face. A voice, so close to me, close enough to touch, whispering, calling out to me. As if I were drifting in water and it was the closest shore.
"Coco? Coco?" I groan, pushing the hand that brushed under my chin away.
"Go away Cal, I'm trying to sleep." I mumble still in my sleeplike state.
"Princess? Fifth periods over. It's time for lunch." Lunch? Princess? I had never heard Cal call me princess before and he sure as hell never offered to make me lunch. I peel my eyes open to find Lukes face mere inches away from mine.
School! I suddenly remembered I was in school. Leaning forward to stand, I set myself off balance and caused the seat under me to shift.
"Ahh." my leg caught between the chair and the desk and I fell forward onto Luke. Tumbling down, I end up with my back to the ground and Luke's arms wrapped around my back and my waist.
"Jesus christ, Jerico." he hisses, holding me to his chest. I took a deep breath, shook at the sudden shift and lack of distance between the two of us. Breathing into his shoulder I try to focus on breathing evenly. His scent was intoxicating and calming all at the same time. His body radiated heat from its closeness to mine and his breath tickled my ear as he held me closely.
I shifted, trying to move, accidentally brushing against something with my leg. I felt Luke's entire body go rigid and his weight shift above me. I try to move again hoping so sit up.
"Coco? Please lay still for a moment. I'm going to get up. Just, just don't move." his voice sounded strand as he spoke, tight and pointed. Smiling, I understood why he was asking, but that didn't mean I was going to comply.
Biting my lip, I innocently arched my hips up slightly, feeling something press against my inner thigh.
"C-coco, I swear to god." He hissed, grabbing hold of my hips. I let my back fall against the floor, feigning innocence as I looked up at him.
"Sorry, the floor is hard on my back." I whine, squirming once again. Luke groaned, burying his face in my shoulder and squeezing my hips.
"Coco, I'm going to stand up." He whispers into my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. I huff, pouting as he tries to push himself up. Before he could push himself off the ground, I grabbed a hold of his shirt.
"Luke? How did you know I was crying?" I whimper, not meaning for it to come out as seductive as it did.
"Princess? Can we talk about this standing up?" I bit my lip and nod. My body is hit with a rush of cold air in the absence of Luke's weight. He outstretches a hand pulling me up to my feet. Not letting go he pulls me into a hug.
A/N: okay so um.... We're still in a classroom. This girl really just tried to get dick in the middle of a classroom. Guys I am sorry. I'm cringing writing it as much as you are reading it.
"Coco, why were you crying?" His voice was somewhat lost in my hair as he pressed his lips into the top of my head. I only sighed, resting my forehead against his chest. His hand rubbed circles around my back as I tried to think of an answer. I closed my eyes, losing myself in his touch. 
A/N: m'kay, i think it's time to throw in the towel and head to bed. I'll work on this later tonight if I wake up at all. It's currently 11:24 pm and I am next to dead tired. Goodnight lovies. Comment what time it is right now when you're reading this message. How many late night owls do we have out there? Night, eat well, stay in good health, and get plenty of sleep. Annyeong!