16

Their passed three days had been spent either walking by the beach, eating or just lazing around the house waiting for Hyuk to return so they could actually do something productive.

The doorbell rang when Daeul and Hanji sat by the pool, making them turn to each other in confusion.

Hanji wrapped the boy around with a towel before grabbing her black silk robe designed with roses, to cover herself up. After all, she wouldn't appreciate a stranger eyeing her down even in a white one-piece.

When she opened the door, there was no one there rather a small envelope on the doormat.

She allowed Daeul to wait behind her as she picked it up and pulled out the contents of it, which was a small note with writing all too familiar to her.

Meet me at The Piolo by seven o'clock.

Jerico will come by to pick up Daeul at six.

Hyuk.

Who the hell is Jerico?, she furrowed her brows and turned to Daeul who jutted his bottom lip as he waited to get changed out of his wet clothes.

~

Well apparently Jerico was an employee from the nearby villas who ran the daycare for families. He certainly came by at six o'clock sharp to pick Daeul up who cried loudly upon being sent away.

Not being able to bear seeing him so upset, Hanji herself volunteered to come along with them to drop him off and she would find her own way to the restaurant which Hyuk had informed her about.

She felt a slight tinge inside her with the remembrance of the incident they had been through months before -- their hands tied together with tape and rope and guns pointed at their heads.

But then Jerico let her know that they had the boy's father's full consent and that he would be safe under any circumstances, and she certainly trusted Hyuk at this point.

They were generous enough to bring her to The Piolo, dropping her off at the front.

She walked through the open doors in her long white dress, another white cardigan placed on her shoulders as she wore her hair down. She made sure to wear a long-lasting perfume and lotioned her arms thoroughly.

"Miss Oh.", she heard a voice say.

"This way please.", the voice belonged to an usher of sorts who led her passed the chattering customers and toward the back of the restaurant.

When he opened the door, she hesitantly took a step in and instantly her eyes laid upon Kwon Hyuk himself who sat at a small table for two, swirling the ice in his water.

He lifted his head and met her eyes, smiling instantly upon seeing her. Standing up quickly, he pulled a chair out for her which she was shy to take at first but eventually did thanks to the warm smile on his face.

"You made it.", he said once he sat down in his own seat, making her smile tightly as a shy blush crept upon her cheeks.

Leaning his elbows on the table, Hyuk lowered his head. "I uh...I'm sorry I've been so busy with work -- I-I didn't bring the two of you here all to leave you alo--"

"I-I get it, and it's not like you're not trying at all. And D-Daeul knows how to have fun, anyway.", she giggled.

Just then the same usher, now waiter it seemed, delivered them a bottle of red wine and poured a small amount into their glasses. Two other waiters brought what Hanji guessed their appetizers were -- Polynesian chicken wings, which made her smile at Hyuk's simplicity.