k. tobio | different schools

You were Nekoma's beautiful female manager, as Taketora would say, and the team was definitely happy to have you. You were a diligent hard-worker that assisted the team with everything they needed and kept the cat-like boys in check.

It wasn't hard to see why you had attracted the attention of a certain genius setter during one of your team's practice matches with their rival school, Karasuno.

"Ne, Kageyama isn't their manager pretty?" Hinata pointed out as he excitedly motioned over to you as you were helping tape one of the member's fingers.

The way your pretty [E/C] eyes twinkled with determination as you focused on tending to your teammate made Kageyama blush. "Shut up, boke."

"Hey, why'd you hit me?!"

"S-shut up!"

>>>

During the practice match, Kageyama found himself unknowingly taking glances at you as you stood on the sidelines. Due to his distraction, he didn't see the ball that Kuroo had spiked his way and was inevitably hit in the face. The impact on his face had caused him to get a nosebleed and everyone in the gym watched in silence as his blood dripped onto the floor.

"M-my bad," Kuroo said, rubbing the back of his neck with an apologetic smile.

"Kuroo-senpai, pay attention more!" You lectured, jogging over to the setter's side with a handkerchief in hand. "Use this."

Kageyama took the cloth from your hand, using it to cover his nose as he tilted his head forward to prevent choking. As you leaned in to help him up, the boy couldn't help but blush at the close proximity at which the two of you were at.

"I'll take him to the infirmary," you offered his coach, who accepted your suggestion. With that you lead the raven-haired boy to the infirmary, asking him if he had a concussion or anything on the way.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"Of course," you replied as you escorted him through the empty halls. "I'm really sorry about
Kuroo-senpai, he doesn't usually make mistakes like that."

"No, it was my bad. I... wasn't paying attention," Kageyama mumbled quietly.

"What was that?"

"I-It's nothing."

You giggled at the boy's shy demeanor. "You're silly... uh...-"

"Kageyama Tobio, first year."

"Ah, I'm [F/N] [L/N]! Also first year." You grinned up at him holding up a peace sign. "Nice to meet you."

"C-cute," he thought, his cheeks tinted red.

>>>

Once inside the infirmary, you treated Kageyama's bloody nose, gave him some tissues and cotton balls for the blood, and stayed with him awhile until he stopped bleeding.

"Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" You asked, peering over at him as you walked back to the gym.

Kageyama just stared back at you, his face twisting into a scary, concentrated look. It was the face he made when deciding which drink to get from the vending machine.

"A-are you okay?" You were concerned about his face and wondered if he actually had a concussion. "It's fine if you don't-"

"Can you give me your number?" He interrupted, his words coming out surprisingly slick.

The sudden request made your face flush red with embarrassment. You weren't expecting the sneak attack and, frankly, it was pretty shocking. However you found the boy's straightforwardness cute and appealing, and since you owed him something anyways, you accepted.

"Y-yea, I can do that," you stuttered taking out your phone. Kageyama did the same, pulling his phone out of his pocket before exchanging numbers with you.

When you both got back to the gym, your face was red and your cheeks felt hot. It immediately caught the attention of your teammates as they wondered suspiciously about what happened to their cute lady-manager.

"Kageyama, you okay?" Sawamura inquired, seeing the setter's equally blushing face. The boy just nodded, subbing onto the court with Sugawara and continuing on with the match.

Eventually, Karasuno lost all of their practice matches consecutively, but Kageyama wasn't too fazed. Afterall, he got a win in one department.

Turning to face your direction, he was pleasantly surprised to see you glancing his way as well, waving at him when your eyes met.

Before he could wave back, he was interrupted by the tall boy with a blonde mohawk from Nekoma.

"Hey, what did you do to our manager?" Taketora said with a menacing face. He scowled at the setter, raising his chin in the air to look down on him.

"What was that, city boy (hehe shitty boy)?" Tanaka retorted, practically mimicking him. "You got something to say to our setter?"

"Tanaka, stop it," Sugawara said in an exasperated tone.

You sighed at the ace. "You too Taketora-senpai, shut up please."

The blonde just shivered at your reprimand, muttering something about how nice it was to be scolded by you.

After, you made your way over to Kageyama, offering him a smile. "Your tosses were really good, Kageyama-kun! Those freakish quicks you and #10 pulled off were super impressive."

"Thanks," he said awkwardly, not really knowing how to act in front of a girl. His teammates watched him with interest, noting the fact that he was having friendly chatter with the Nekoma manager.

"Call me sometime, okay? Hopefully we see you during nationals!"

"We'll definitely make it," Kageyama replied firmly.

"I look forward to seeing you again," you grinned. "Till next time."

>>>

skksksks that was really short and probably ooc of kageyama but i thought it was a cute idea to have you be from a different school ;;

sorry if it didn't turn out that cute, i tried my best!! oneshots are hard for me but they're so fun to make scenarios for ahhhhh

requests are open btw so comment down your pairings and ideas :))