Chapter 7: I'm Gonna Punch Him

I ran ahead, followed by several men. I looked at Legolas and he shouted,

"A group of wargs, 50 yards away!" I cursed and drew an arrow. Ith stood beside me, her sword drawn. We charged down the hill, men on horses following close behind.

The orks were ugly(as usual)and as we dove into battle, Ith muttered,

"We should give them makeovers sometime." I laughed and began to shoot arrows. I flipped over a dead warg, and decapitated an ork. I swerved a charging ork, though not fast enough. The blade meant to take off my head bit into my shoulder. I shrieked and fell to the ground, expecting the death blow to fall. I watched in horror as the blade swung closer. I raised my knife in a last ditch effort to save myself, and by some miracle, I was not cut in half. I rolled away, panting and charged the ork, cut off its head.

Around me the battle raged. I watched Gimli squashed under a pile of wargs. I smirked and watched the rest of the ork pack fled. I looked around. Roryn, Theodon, Ith, Legolas, Gimli...where was Aragorn? I shouted,

"Aragorn!" Gimli echoed me, now free of his warg stack. We searched until we reached near the cliff. A foul laugh caught our attention. Gimli stepped on the ork.

"Tell me what you know and I will ease your passing." The ork smiled.

"Took a little tumble off the cliff!" It said in glee. I snarled.

"Foul git!" Legolas grabbed the ork's vest.

"You lie!" The ork slumped over, dead, and Legolas' expression shifted to one of denial as he pulled something out of the ork's hand. Aragorn's necklace. I stared at the necklace, my breath quickening. I ran to the edge of the cliff and saw sharp rocks and a fast river. I sank to my knees and Legolas held my shoulder.

Theodon came over.

"We need horses to carry the wounded. Leave the dead." I shot a glare at the king and stood to yell at him. Legolas shook his head and I felt my rage leak away. I sighed,

"If he turns up alive and well, I'm gonna punch him."