Don't Play Coy

Unedited

Lucas P.O.V.

When Amy told me that she didn't want me touching her, a part of me was greatly disappointed. But then it occurred to me that she didn't have a say. i was going to touch her whether she liked it or not.

I was about to reach for her, when I heard Cameron call me. My head tilted to the side as I listened.

"John wants to see you. Hurry."

I sighed internally. What did he want now?

"What?" Amy asked impatiently.

I didn't want to answer her. Already I was sorely tempted to disobey John's order's and have my way with her, but he would come after me. And while he may not have and special abilities, I still don't want to piss him off.

I go to the balcony, aware that Amy was watching me.

"I'll be back later," I throw over my shoulder before I jump over the railing.

Landing swiftly on my feet, I dash between the trees to the training area. When I get there, I see John, standing against a tree. He's glaring at anybody who passes him. Crap. He's totally pissed. Cameron's next to him, his face is contorted with worry.

"You wanted me?" I ask.

"What the hell are you doing holding a human?" he snarled.

I shrugged. "I have my reasons."

"Don't play coy with me, Jennings. I know what you want to do with her. Tell me why."

I didn't reply. The truth was, I honestly wasn't sure if I knew the answer to myself. I knew that there is one, I just don't know what that was yet.

"You do realize what will happen if the Volturi find out, don't you?" John asked. "They'll come here to investigate. They'll kill her and the child. Once they do that, they'll take you and make you one of them because you fought against them trying to protect the human."

I've never met the Volturi, but they have a reputation of being complete assholes around here. Cameron explained to me that if they discover that you have a relevantly special gift, some way, some how, they'll make you a part of their coven. I still wasn't exactly sure how they did it.

"You know she won't even survive the pregnancy, right?" I tell him.

His face transitions into this strange expression where the end of his eyes tilt down, and his shoulders seem to sag.

He doesn't have to answer me. Something in the back of my mind is telling me that he does.

I briefly wonder what had happened in his past for him to know, but then I get an image of Amy's beautiful, sexy body lying on the bed,  her skin gray and her stomach with a gaping bloody hole that looked to have been ripped opened from the inside.

I frowned. The image disturbed me, and I suddenly had a fierce yearning to go to her, to see her, and replace the terrible image of her mangled body with a vision of her plump, soft curved healthy. Minus th gaping hole.

"You should go to her," Cameron says, speaking for the first time.

I look to John for approval. He nods and I take off, bounding for the House. When I get there, I pase long enough to gaze up and see that the curtains had been pulled across the doors. Curious, I hurriedly scaled the five floors to the balcony. I smell a sickly sweet strawberry scent coming from inside and I hear water gently lap against skin.

I smiled. She was taking a bath.