The Third Chapter

I am relieved when we finally reach the end of a seemingly-endless hallway. I observe Ethan as he runs his hands through his hair before swinging the large door in front of him open, revealing a large meeting room of some sort. My eyes run all around the room, taking in all of the business-people seated at one of the biggest tables I have ever seen and their sophisticated expressions. It's almost humorous to see how they all stand from their seats as Ethan enters the room.

"Welcome, Mr. Dolan!"

"How are you today, Mr. Dolan?"

"Looking great, sir!"

Everyone echoes different praises from around the room as they greet their boss. Ethan simply nods at them before taking a seat at the head of the long, wooden table. Like a domino effect, they all return to their seats one-by-one immediately after Ethan. It disgusts me to see the way everyone around here worships him...

"Thank you all for coming," Ethan begins, "before we get started, I would like to introduce you all to my new assistant. This is Elle Parker."

Before I can even blink, every single eye in the room is fixed on me. I stand awkwardly behind Ethan's chair, almost as if I am attempting to hide from everyone.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Parker!"

"Pleasure to be working with you, Ms. Parker!"

"Welcome to Dolan Enterprise!"

The echoes return, this time in my direction. I force a smile and slightly wave at everyone, but I find myself still somewhat behind Ethan's chair. At the end of the table, I recognize Mrs. Samson. She glares at me with intimidating eyes, and doesn't smile at me like everyone else.

"You know what, Elle," Ethan quickly looks from left to right and pats the sides of his pants, "I forgot my phone on my desk in my office. Do you mind?"

I sigh.

"Sure." I say through gritted teeth.

He leans in close enough for only me to hear to say "thank you," and then leans away with a smirk. I am going to smack that damn smirk off of his face at some point.

I smile once more at everyone who is still glaring at me with hawk-eyes before prancing over to the door.

"Oh, Elle," Ethan says from behind me.

I turn around hesitantly.

"You're going to need these. It's the golden one." He tosses me a small bundle of different keys. Of course it would be the golden one.

I shoot him a certain look before exiting the conference room and stomping my way over to the elevator. I don't know why such a small command is making me this mad. If anyone else were to ask me to go grab their phone, I would happily do it with no problems.

But Ethan Dolan asked me, who just so happens to also be my boss, now.

I don't know if I can do this whole 'assistant' thing.

-

I trot over to the similar black door with "Mr. Dolan's office" plastered across it. I huff as I shove the golden key into the door and swing it open.

I enter the office and walk over to Ethan's desk that is unnecessarily fancy.

"I've been waiting for you,"

I look up from the floor to see a completely naked girl spinning around in Ethan's desk chair.

I look at her, she looks at me, I scream, she screams, then I scream again, then she screams again, then I cover my eyes, and then I hear her scrambling up from out of the chair and over to (hopefully) put on some clothes.