You're Worried

"Hey gorgeous" Harry said looking up at you from the sofa as you walked in from work, slumping your bag down on the floor and kicking off your shoes.
"Here" he said, patting the space next to him. You sat down next to him, your legs curled up onto the couch. He kissed you gently on the lips.
"How was your day?" Harry asked, kissing you again.

Your day was bad. Really bad. You'd been so overloaded with everything the past few weeks and we're struggling to keep up, and you were worried about not finishing everything in time. It didn't help how Harry was going on tour next month either. All this had built up in your head but you weren't going to tell him, you wouldn't want him to worry like you were either.

"Oh it was fine" You shrugged, snuggling into him more to try and distract him. It seemed to work, he slowly breathed you in and held you tighter, curling his fingers around pieces of your hair as you both half-watched whatever was on the tv.

You sunk into his shoulder, forgetting everything about your day for this short while. Harry was always there to comfort you, he didn't even realise he was, but hearing his soft breathing in your ear was comfort enough for you. And looking at the side of his face as his green eyes followed what was on the screen reassured you. For those moments, you were calm and so was he.

That night, you sat downstairs in the kitchen, staring at your computer screen, desperately trying to finish things you had to do. The brightness strained your eyes as you sat in the cold, your eyes heavy and tired as you tried to get everything done.

"Baby?" You heard Harry call from the hallway. He stood, rubbing his eyes as he came into the light in the kitchen. Yawning with messy hair and a confused look on his face.
"Y/n, love it's 4am what are you doing?" He asked walking over to where you were sat, pecking the top of your head and peering over your computer screen.

"I just have things to do" You replied, not looking at him as you felt bad you'd woken him up. "Work things"

"What do you mean work things love? C'mon let's go back to bed yeah? I miss you next to me" Harry replied, wrapping his arms round you from behind and closing your laptop lid.

You turned around in your chair and looked up at him, he smiled, cupping your face in his hands.
"I need to finish it baby" You pouted.

"Tell you what, I'll make you a drink and you can finish it after that okay?" Harry said, now embracing you. He felt you nod against his torso. Breaking your hug, he headed to put the kettle on as you went and sat down on the sofa.

Walking over, he came and placed the mug down in your hand and sat down next to you.
"Y/n, you can tell me what's wrong I want to help you" He said after talking a few sips of his drink.
"I've just got a lot to do, that's all" You replied. He knew you were more stressed than how you made out to be, but you didn't want to tell him, he was always so nice.
"Babe, I know you, you're never awake at this time for work stuff" He came closer to you, rubbing his hand down your arm.

It was then he saw tears begin to well up in your eyes, you couldn't help it, it wasn't often you cried but for some reason it just happened.

"I've just got so much on my mind, and I can't stop thinking about it all, and I'm never going to finish it, and then I'll get fired, and I'm so worried and you're going away on tour next month and I don't know if I can cope with all that and cope without you Harry" You spluttered, your face in the palms of your hands.

Harry looked at you. Stunned. It wasn't just the workload that was stressing you, but more so his tour. It really was rare this ever happened. And he hated seeing you this way, it hurt him.
"Come here baby, come here" He soothed, stretching out his arms as you collapsed into the crook of his neck, your tears making his skin damp.

"I'm sorry" you mumbled.
"Hey hey hey don't be sorry" He hushed pulling away from you and looking at you through your glazed over eyes.
"Y/n, I know the work is a lot but you'll catch up, I know you will you always do. It might not seem like it but you don't need sleepless nights for it" He said kissing you, not caring about the tears running down your face. You nodded in reply.
"And my tour, why didn't you tell me sooner? I don't want you to be so worried about me, I've been away before. I always want you to tell me when you're scared gorgeous, I want us both to be happy, always."

"I guess, I didn't want you to worry about me, and I'm just scared Haz, I hate being away from you for so long." You replied, wiping your tears and placing your hand on his leg.

"Oh, babe" He sighed, pulling you close and curling up around you.

You sat in silence for a moment, taking in all that had happened.

"You can come on tour with me y/n" Harry said, fiddling with your t-shirt. "It'll be an adventure"

You sniffed, and kissed him on the cheek gently
"I'd love that Harry"