Chapter 6: Answering Machine

On the way to the bar I noticed a guy standing a few feet away who'd I'd seen at the Starwood earlier tonight. We'd spoken a few times in passing and he was tall, dark and handsome so I knew immediately who my target was gonna be. I walked over to the bar and ordered two shots before marching over to him, putting one shot in his hand and downing the other.

"Well hello to you too," He smirked as he threw the shot back.

We exchanged flirty banter for a few minutes, but the whole time I kept glancing over his shoulder to make sure Vince was well aware of what was about to go down. I could see him facing my direction, standing with a group of people, but we never made eye contact. Finally, the guy I was talking to turned around to see what kept holding my attention.

"Oh I see... you wanna make that guy jealous?" He said seeming rather amused as he laid eyes on Vince.

"What? No, I'm not even into h-" I started before he interrupted me.

"Hey I'm game, but you're gonna have to do more than just stand there and talk to me if you really want to get him going." He said as a smile crept across his face.

I let out a quick laugh at how blunt he was before putting my hand on the back of his head and pulling him down to my face. I kissed him once before he spun us around so that I would have my back to Vince and he'd get a full shot of what was happening. As we made out, he slid his arm from the small of my back down to my ass and squeezed a little. I pulled back and laughed.

"I don't really care about that guy, let's head back to your place," I whispered before kissing him again.

He smiled and I put my hand on his shoulder as I followed behind him out of the Whiskey. Just before we got to the door, I glanced back and could see Vince staring dead at me out of the corner of my eye.

———————————————————————————

I woke up the next morning next to Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome. He was a good lay, but finished before I could and then fell asleep immediately. I laid around bored until I could fall asleep and tried to push out any thoughts of Vince and that brunette bimbo that kept creeping into my head.

I sat up in bed as quietly as possible and got back into my dress and heels from last night. I slipped out of his apartment and braced myself for a painful walk of shame back home.

As soon as I opened my apartment door I kicked my heels off and crashed into bed. I laid there with my dress still on, ready to sleep the day away, but opened one eye because I could see a light coming from my night stand. Sure enough, there was a flashing red light coming from my answering machine so I sat up and clicked play. At first I was nervous, hoping that everything was okay with Heather. I had left her with Tommy so I assumed she'd make it home alrig-

"H-H-Heidi! What'ssss up?!" Vince's voice slurred from the answering machine.

"I g-got your number from Heather, *hiccup* I was gonna asssk, ask you on a d-d-date to grab dinner tomorrow n-n-night *hiccup* Call me lat-later babee," He said chucking a few times before hanging up.

What the hell, I thought to myself before falling back down on the bed. Why on earth would Vince get hammered and decide to ask me out on a date? Especially after we had both spent the night hooking up with other people?

For a split second I thought about how much I wanted to go on a date with Vince, how being with him would be so much fun, how good he was in bed, how-

Fuck, what am I doing? I reminded myself that once a rockstar, always a rockstar and that he'd never change. He was gonna fuck whatever moved and I wasn't going to put myself in a situation to be upset about that. I sat back up, clicked delete, and then rolled over to finally go to sleep.

———————————————————————————

I was woken up a few hours later by a loud noise. I jolted up and looked at the clock that read 2 pm. I glanced around the room in a sleepy haze trying to figure out what the noise was before realizing it was the phone ringing. I sat back down in bed, grabbed the phone and groggily said hello.

"Wake up sleepyhead," Vince said on the other end of the line, sounding much better than he did in his voicemail.

"Vince?" I asked as I felt butterflies well up in my stomach. "Shouldn't you be nursing a hangover right about now? That's what I would've guessed from checking my answering machine this morning" I said giggling.

"Yeah...." He sounded slightly embarrassed. "That's actually why I'm calling, I blacked out and I guess I got your number from Heather. I have no idea what I said, but I hope it wasn't too bad."

Should I tell him? I thought about it, but if I was going to say no to a date anyways I guess it'd just be easier if he never asked in the first place.

"Hahaha you didn't say much, just hiccuped mostly," I lied.

"Whew" he let out a sigh of relief. "Well then I wanted to invite you-"

Fuck, he's still gonna ask?

"-to the Motley show tonight. We're playing the Rainbow and I wanted you to come." He said.

"Oh, yeah totally. I'll try and fight my way through all the girls screaming over you so I can watch the sexiest guy on stage front row." I said playfully.

Vince laughed on the other end before I said: "Nikki of course."

"Hey! Watch it, I'll revoke your invitation!" He shouted.

"See you tonight Vince" I said in mischievous tone before hanging up.