Ned's Special Day

"Ugh! I've been overworking myself haven't I?" Ned stretches his both arms as he saves his project on his computer. "Well I guess you could say that" Eugene approached Ned with two cups of teas on his hand. "Thanks Eugene", "You better get going tho, I can take care of this and besides Ariel is probably waiting for you" Ned quickly fixed his things and proceeds to drink his tea. As he's done drinking he realized that there's something oddly weird about Eugene in fact the three of them have been acting really weird the whole day, Keith being all behave instead of being all happy and active, Zach isn't talkative this day, And Eugene not giving a single poker face today. That's totally new? Ned thought all of these as he drive himself home.

As the heavy traffic approaching his phone went on from a text notification, It was from Ariel. "Hey hun! Wes and I have a special surprise for you please come meet us at the park! Drive safe! ❤️". Ned quickly smiled at least this way he can quickly change his route and escape the traffic. "I'll be there in 20 mins! See you hun! ❤️" Ned texted back.

As he arrived on the park earlier than his estimated time that he mentioned, he was surprised seeing the other three try guys with Ariel. Seeing them altogether really made him smile so much because ever since he met the three of them, They're already part of his family and that thought made him smile even more as he approached them.

"Okay, what is going on?" Ned asked. "Well first of all congrats that your knee is all healed up like... for a long ass time now!" Keith answered, "And our little brave soldier here wanted to practice soccer with you!" Ariel chimes in. Wes went down from his mother immediately and ran to his father for a hug. "Dad?" "What is it sport?" Ned kneeled down on to wes' level "I really wanted to try soccer with you! And Im sorry if it's night already but tomorrow isn't school night so.." Wes smiled as his father lifted him up to give him a hug. "Of course we could do that! Even if its day or night, we'll do whatever you want" "really!?" Wes asked with delight "Only you're gonna promise me to brush your teeth every night" And with that Wes hugged his Dad as a way of saying that he promised.

"Can uncle Eugene come and play with us???" Wes quickly pointed out to Eugene who is completely in shock. "Wa-wait...w-why me Wes?" Eugene nervously laughed. "Because you're the coolest uncle ever!" Wes widely smiled to his favorite Uncle. "Sucks to be you huh?" Keith whispered and jokingly bumped Zach's arm "Yeah yeah I know, at least Wes is happy right now. Despite how busy Ned can be, he is willing to do anything to bond with his son and to make him happy", "I always think Im not gonna be a great father someday but, I.. don't know.." Keith looked at Ned, Eugene and Wes playing football while Ariel was cheering for them at the same time. "You'll be a great Dad, You and Becky are gonna be great parents someday. You'll see" Zach smiled at Keith. "I sure hope so" Keith responded. "Oi Zach! Keith come join us ya wankers!" Ned happily shouted to the two boys. "What's with that british term thingy Ned!?" Zach run towards to them and so does Keith.

It was a night full of delight and Joy, Wes is already 6 years old and he's now learning the true nature of family bonding and for him it includes his uncle Eugene, Keith and Zach. After a simple kick, Ned simply sat down for a while to rest and watched Ariel and the gang played with Wes. He smiles from the thought that his little boy is growing up, Time flies so fast but he doesn't care as long he is with these people it wouldn't matter. This day was unexpected but yet it was indeed a special day for him.