skinny

Scarlet! Get your butt over here," I holler at my best friend, whom is currently occupied in the corner of my en-suite bathroom, touching up her hair although we're not planning on going out. "Psh, who suddenly became bossy?" She mutters playfully, and I grin as she plops fiercely onto my lace embroided bed. 

It's Friday today, which for us, means movie night. That also means the equivalent of an unlimited supply of popcorn and sour gummy worms. Yum. Scarlet reaches for a handful of popped corn which is conveniently placed on my nightstand, "Ooh, The Notebook is on. You know I can't get enough of Ryan Gosling," She smirks idly and grabs the remote, flipping onto the channel that is playing that horribly sappy movie. Yes, I am not a fan of the flick. Sue me.I just don't get what's so romantic about it.

"Goodness, fine." I mumble, knowing that even if I debated with her, she'd win. "You know what?" I say, my voice a bit louder. 

This is Scarlet's cue to say, 'what?' but being the slow ass she is, it takes her a few seconds. "What?" She mumbles, not taking her eyes off the screen. "We should make a bet." I say, twirling a piece of my hazelnut colored hair, "I mean, something to achieve before the end of the year." I tack on, waiting for her response. 

"Woah, that's deep shit you're thinking up there." Scarlet says a tad bit jokingly, rolling her eyes. 

I somehow manage to do a weird stretch over to the side of my bed and grab a Vogue magazine with a perfectly slim and gorgeous model on the cover. "I oath to look like this by the end of the school year." I mutter, not an ounce of a 'fooling around' tone in my voice.

Scarlet bursts out laughing, her forte, and bites down on her lip. "If I may ask, what on earth is your point?" She asks, stifling a giggle.

I nudge her in her side and a smile cracks on my lips, "C'mon, imagine it. Us, with totally rad figures and flawless smiles. Just think of what Queen Bee Claudia would say." I add on, beginning to flip through an article. 

"In that case; I'm in. I oath to be the skinniest girl in school." Scarlet announces, raising her brow teasingly as if challenging me.

"OK, it's final." I say, and can't help but chuckle softly. Scarlet spits on her hand, and holds it out in a gesture; I do the same, and we shake our wrists together in unison.

An innocent, possibly entertaining bet. It was simple: lose a couple of pounds, dye our hair, and eventually walk into the halls of Gatlin High looking utterly fabulous. 

If only I knew what we were getting ourselves into.