Chapter Five : Perhaps This is the End

Hours later there is a knock on the door. I continued to sit there with my back against the cold tile wall and my arms wrapped around my knees.

I refused to let anyone convince me otherwise, that sitting here was a bad idea.

"Hun, can I come in?"

Oh, my god, he called my mom.

"No," I said, placing my face in my hands.

"Please, sweetheart?" a gruff voice said.

God damn, even worse my dad was here as well.

"No, but you can tell Jake he is dead to me."

There was a moment of silence then I heard Jake's voice, "Ness I am sorry, I didn't know what else to do. You weren't coming out."

"That's because you are an idiot," I yelled.

"I know, but why don't you tell your parents how much of an idiot I am when they take you home?" he said.

"No. Just go away!"

"Ness, please!"

I glanced up at the window, if they were that desperate they would break down the door or come in through the window, at least they respected me enough to ask me to come out. I glanced at the door then up at the window once more and decided I had enough. I didn't want to see any of them.

So, I climbed through the window and ran around to the front of the house to see Mom resting her head against the door and trying to talk through it while Jake sat on the couch with his head in his hands. Just as I was about to run off Dad stood before me. Crap, he saw my plan.

He shook his head in disappointment, "You didn't think that one through, Renesmee," he said in a gruff voice.

I glanced back as Mom walked towards me, but Jake still sat there like someone killed his best friend.

Back home I stayed in my room the rest of the weekend, Mom came in once or twice trying to get me to eat something but all she met was silence.

"I knew this would happen. I knew she would get hurt!" Mom said to Dad on Sunday night as they headed off to bed.

"Bella, Jacob did the right thing," Dad said, "for once," he added with a growl.

"Then why is she so upset!" Mom yelled at him.

I heard them stop in their tracks and I suddenly couldn't hear what they were saying. I threw back the covers and tottered into the hall and then around the corner as they stared at each other, obviously communicating in their head.

"Because he didn't want to love me," I said aloud. Both of them quickly snapped their attention to me. "Jacob doesn't want to be with me because he is protecting me...Jacob doesn't want to have me because of my overprotective parents breathing down my neck," I said as tears ran down my cheeks. "Because I can't make decisions for myself because everyone else thinks that it's their right to!" I cried.

"Hun," Mom said as she stepped towards me.

"No," I commanded. They both stared in shock. Dad's eyebrows burrowed.

"I won't be babied anymore," I said as I walked quickly towards the front door grabbing my coat and boots as I left.

I heard them follow after as I used everything in me to outrun them.

I don't know when I stopped and fell asleep but it had to be before the sun rose because now I felt the slightest tingle on my skin. I woke to see the forest floor and then my hands sparkling in the sun. I sat up and brushed my dirty hair out of my face and looked around.