Sparkle. ✨

Off the Wall Era

 Tonight was a cool summer evening and the coolness coming from the ocean waves was bringing the smell of sea salt to the pier

Tonight was a cool summer evening and the coolness coming from the ocean waves was bringing the smell of sea salt to the pier. The night was full of people laughing and screaming and people smiling, enjoying themselves and making memories together.

However, the same could not be said for you in this case. You were sitting on a bench by yourself, as a result of your now ex-best friend going to spend the rest of the night with someone you didn't even know nor care to know. This wasn't the first time this has happened to you.

This has been happening to you for awhile now. People came into your life and ended up leaving you, using you for just a small memory. You were getting tired of it and just decided to give up on friends. They clearly didn't need you and now it's come to you that you don't need them.

You grabbed a funnel cake and soon went to the beach. You stopped near the dip of the land, where the water met the sand. You sat down on the still somewhat hot sand and sighed looking out at the sea.

The waves crashed into the shore and back to the ocean, making little thunder claps in the process. You soon seen small groups of friends gathered around the campfires, at least 20 yards away from you. They were laughing and smiling and having the time of their lives while you were alone. You wanted to be jealous of them, but decided it wasn't worth it.

"What's so wrong with me that others decide to use me for just a thrill?" You thought out loud and soon heard some soft sounds behind you. You turned around and seen a man in a black short sleeve shirt and blue jeans. He had on a red and yellow varsity jacket and a pair of classic Converses. His hair was short but yet full of small curls. He looked to be close to 6 feet tall.

"Hey.. my name is Michael. Are you okay? You shouldn't be alone out here," he said in a soft voice that shocked you a little.

"Oh umm.. yeah. I'm okay. Just enjoying the ocean waves," you said and he soon sat next to you. "My name is Y/N by the way." He smiled at you, a bright white smile.

"That's a beautiful name," he complimented you and you blushed a little bit. "Why are you down here by yourself?"

That question made you sigh. You hoped he wouldn't judge you on your next response. "I came here to the pier a few hours ago with some so called friends of mine but they ditched me when I went to use the restroom." You looked down at your (favorite color) painted toes through your sandals.

Suddenly, he tilted your head up slowly to look at him. You blushed a little again from how soft his hands were.

"They aren't your true friends if they leave you hanging like that. Forget them, don't let that weigh you down from having a fun night," he said and you nodded.

"But this always happens to me. I'm that one friend that people come to when they have no one else to hang out with or if they just want something from me," you said honestly and held back tears. "They ditched me and left me alone."

Michaels heart shattered hearing that come from your mouth. He knew how that felt but to see it happen to someone else made it hurt even more. He pulled you gently into a hug, which you almost instantly accepted. Something about a hug from him felt... comforting.

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I know how this feels from personal experience and it's heartbreaking to see it happen to someone else." He said and you looked up at him with tears in your eyes. All of those memories came back to haunt you and you couldn't hold it in anymore.

He gently wiped your tears away. "How about this: how about we spend the rest of this night together and you get to know me better?" He said and you smiled a little nodding your head.

"Let's go have fun!" He said smiling big.  You soon started to smile and followed him to the pier again.

Should there be a part 2? Let me know in the comments! ✨

Amaya ✨