The Nightmare

It was dark, and cold, and smelled worse than the streets. Not a single ray of light came through the dirty windows. Feister braced herself against the wall, holding her stomach. She had taken a nasty blow and it hurt like no tomorrow. She felt weak, and helpless, and wanted to drop dead.

But didn't because, one: she had to stay strong, two: she couldn't let these slime balls see they got to her, and three: she had to stay even stronger for the boys, her brothers, because if word got out that a girl died in the Refuge then they would give up on the strike in a heartbeat.

"Had enough, girly?" one of the guards taunted. Feister didn't say anything, and only gave a look that could actually kill.

"Ya know girly, once yer little boyfriend gets here then the real fun will being." an evil smile went across his face that sent chills down Feister's spine.

"You'se leave 'im outta this," she spat. The guard laughed. "Bring 'im in," he yelled. Soon enough the door opened and another guard dragged in someone who was handcuffed and covered in bruises. He was trying to fight back, but it was no use. The guard threw him to the ground and the first guard yanked him up by the hair. Revealing a familiar face.

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

"No!" Feister shouted as she shot up. After taking a few deep breaths, her breathing slowed down once she realized that she was in her own bed, and in The Lodging House, safe from the Refuge. She laid back down on the bed while taking deep breaths, when she heard the door open. Feister guessed it was one of the boys checking to see if everything's alright. Usually the door would be locked, but the boys made it clear that with her nightmares happening there would be no door locking.

"Stop fakin' it, I's know yer awake," a familiar voice said as the bed sunk down a bit. But Feister kept her eyes shut, this was the last thing she wanted to deal. "C'mon Feisty, just tawk ta me," Mush said quietly. "We's always tawk bout stuff, so why is now any different?"

"Just go back ta yer bunk an' got ta sleep," Feister replied quietly while keeping her eyes shut. All she wanted right now was some sleep, but with her nightmares acting up it was going to be one long night.

"Feisty, just tawk ta me," Mush replied quietly. Feister sighed as she turned to the other side of the bed so now her back was facing Mush. All Feister wanted right now was to be left alone, but by the looks of that, she knew that wasn't going to happen. Mush can be very relentless when he wants to be, and seeing the current circumstance, he wasn't going to give this up.

"Want me ta stay with ya?" he asked. Though there was an unspoken rule about no staying in Feister's room for the night, this would be an exception since she was getting nightmares that were keeping her up at night. Mush knows what that's like first hand, and now that it was happening to Feister, he was going to do whatever it took to make her feel safe again.

"If it makes ya feel better," Feister replied with a sigh after a few moments. She knew he wasn't going to leave this alone, so it was better than trying to fight it. Plus, maybe it did make Feister feel a little better knowing Mush would be there next to her. Mush smiled before going under the warm covers. He turned on his side so now he was facing her back. "Sweet dreams Feisty," Mush said quietly as he snuggled into the bed.

"I sure hope so," Feister thought as she closed her eyes. She took a deep breath as she let her body relax once again. Soon enough Feister was in a deep sleep.

For the next hour or so, Mush tried to stay awake just in case Feister had another nightmare. So far everything seemed to be fine, and Mush was starting to think that maybe there was nothing to worry about. That is until Feister started rolling side to side and mumbling stuff Mush could barely understand. Mush pulled Feister as close as he could and started whispering soothing things into her ear. When that didn't work he started to say her real name, trying to get her to wake her up, it seemed like forever until Feister woke up.