Savior?

I came awake slowly, not knowing where I was. Looking around, I saw Klaus and the immediately remembered what had happened last night. I shrunk away from him but before I could get too far, he grabbed my face and looked deep into my eyes.

“You will not remember that I have drank from you or hurt you in anyway. You will think we had a wonderful night and you fell asleep so I brought you to my home and allowed you to sleep in my bed.” Klaus said and instantly my mind became clear and I knew last night had been indeed wonderful.

I smiled at Klaus and then flopped back on the bed staring at the ceiling.

“Thank you for last night Niklaus. Honestly you are the only person that has taken me on a date and I feel like I can be myself around you.” I admitted, still smiling childishly.

“And I with you Madeline.” Klaus answered.

**A month later**
Klaus and I had been spending every day together, and I was falling even deeper for this mysterious man. I had recently overheard Tyler Lockwood talking to Caroline about killing Klaus and anger filled my blood. I wouldn’t allow any harm to come to him. But what I couldn’t understand was why they would hurt him. He barely even talks to them and he sticks to himself other than the few wise words from others to him which, when I am around, he says nothing to.

Today, Klaus and I were just sitting in his home watching a movie. He was playing with my hair and I was laying on his chest.

“Klaus?” I asked. “What did Damon mean earlier when he said you were evil?”

“I am not the man you think I am darling.”

“But you have been amazing to me Niklaus. You do not seem to be evil in any way.”

“You don’t know what I look like when I am not in love with you Madeline.”

That sentence had me reeling, my breath rushed out of me with a gasp and then I smiled hugely, staring up at him.

“You love me?” I asked, wanting to hear it again.

“Yes darling.”

I finally got him to break down the walls and knew he could now be mine. I would forever protect this man because I knew that I loved him as well and no one could ever come in the way of that. I kissed him passionately and our make out session continued until we finally fell asleep on the couch for the night.

The next morning, I woke up to find it was actually 3 in the afternoon and I wasn’t on the couch anymore. I found a note on the stand next to the bed and saw that it was Klaus. It said to meet him at the grill whenever I woke up and got ready.

I smiled and rushed through my routine, dressing in skinny jeans and a long sleeve white shirt. I left my hair natural and put little make up on. I soon found myself in the car driving towards the grill in town.

When I arrived, I didn’t see Klaus’s car anywhere but I went in anyways. I sat at a booth and looked around but still didn’t notice him. I stayed for two hours and finally around five thirty, as it was beginning to get dark, the door opened. But it wasn’t who I was waiting for. Tyler made his way in with two other men I didn’t recognize. They sat in the booth next to me and while I checked my phone for any messages, I tried to hear what they were saying.

“In two hours, he will be dead” the rest of the words were cut off when loud laughter sounded from across the room.

“So we’re still meeting in the old clearing past Jones Bridge right.”

“Klaus will wish he never messed with us.”

With his name being spoken, I suddenly remembered what Tyler had said to Caroline yesterday. I stood up suddenly, knocking over the water I had been sipping from and raced from the room. I didn’t know where the clearing was but I knew Jones Bridge and I would be dammed if I couldn’t find him.

I raced towards the bridge, leaving my car idling beside the road as I raced into the woods, desperately searching for the clearing the man had spoken of.

“Klaus!” I screamed as I ran through the darkness of the woods. I tripped over a fallen log and cracked my head on it. Blood ran down the side of face, trailing over my eyelid and I quickly wiped it away. I stood up slowly, using a tree beside me to help me up. I continued on my way, struggling to find the man I loved, to find where he had gone and try to stop them from killing him. I couldn’t lose him.

I heard screams and I ran towards them to find Klaus killing people with a sword. How could he move so fast? A man jumped onto his back and I screamed again, causing him to look at me, madness in his eyes. But then he managed to run and rip the man’s head off. He turned back to me and his eyes widened as he mouthed my name. I was his weakness, I was the reason he could die. I ruined everything

I felt hands around my throat and I struggled with the person who was restraining me. The hands began to choke the life out of me and with my last breath, I screamed for Niklaus. The last thing I saw was his blurred form rushing towards me.

***Klaus’s POV***

I felt a piece inside of me snap as the hybrid let Madeline’s limp body fall to the ground. I knew she wasn’t dead because I heard her heartbeat slowly beating. The same beat that was music to my ears and that I fell asleep to each night. I could pick it out of a crowd.

This man almost caused it to stop and I finally let my full face show. My fangs came out and my eyes yellowed. Black veins spread down my face and I swung my sword and beheaded the man behind me and then reached into the chest of the man that had hurt Madeline and stole his heart. I smiled evilly and I crushed it in my bare hand.

I looked around at the destruction and grinned, knowing that I had foiled their plans. But as my eyes rested on the fallen body of my lover, I frowned instantly and returned my face to normal. I ran with her body in my arms to my home, dropping the sword on the couch and carrying her up the stairs. As I laid her down, I put the cursed sword in the safe and then crawled into bed next to my love. I held her as the sun began to come up, realizing it was much later than I had thought and her face was the last thing I saw as my eyes closed.