The Millionaire's Designated Job

"Out of business?!" I asked as Reyna and I approached the small business we used to work at. How could they close without telling us first?

Reyna turned around to face the street. Her eyes went wide and she soon smacked my arm to grab my attention, "Yeah, not worried about that right now. Look at this," she pointed to a black car as I turned around.

There was a man dressed in a fancy black suit, holding up a white piece of paper with the name 'Miss Rhys' on it in black bubble letters.

That's me. I'm Miss Rhys.

"Who are you?" I asked while approaching the car, Reyna in tow.

"I'll be your chauffeur today. Mr. Cruise sent me. He'd like to have you transported to Cruise Headquarters."

"Why does he want to see me?" I asked while crossing my arms over my chest stubbornly. I don't think I wanted to talk to him right now.

"I don't know. That's none of my business, I'm afraid."

"Of course it's not," I mumbled while sliding into the car. Reyna hopped up front with the creepy chauffeur man.

+

+

+

"I don't know why but I have this odd feeling that you have something to do with the closing of my place of employment," I said while walking into Austin's large office.

He was seated at his desk, behind the newest luxury laptop out there, "What do you think I would do with a dress boutique?" He asked while closing his laptop and leaning forward onto the desk a little bit.

"I don't know. You tell me. You're Austin Cruise, the millionaire."

"Hmm...I like that title," pause, "I do know who bought it though. It's probably best you don't know who it was. You would lose it."

"Just tell me! I'm not in a playing mood right now. I'm going to lose my apartment and car without this job! I'll be on the streets in a week."

He narrowed his eyes in on me, "You think I'd let that happen to you? No. You can work here. I've got a designated job with your name on it."

"What is it?" I asked. I refused to go back to a coffee making job.

"Personal Assistant."

I scoffed, "I'm not going to be your slave."

"God, you're so stupid sometimes," I thought he was being serious until he started laughing. "Just do what you've been doing and I'll pay you for it."

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him an utterly confused look, "You're going to pay me for being your side girlfriend? Am I understanding you correctly?"

"No, you're not," he shook his head while pushing himself away from his desk. "Come with me," he swiftly walked past me and out of the office, into the room with all of the cubicles.

An older woman, maybe middle aged, came out to greet us. She was in a sophisticated black pencil skirt, a white polo shirt, and a black blazer with the same color pumps to go with it.

"Good morning, Mr. Cruise," she greeted, "Is there something I can get for you?"

He offered her a smile in return, "Could you just explain to Miss Rhys what a personal assistant does?"

"Of course I can, sir. Personal assistants help with time and daily management, scheduling of meetings, correspondence, and note taking," she tilted her head and smiled at me. It was almost like something you would see a possessed person do in a horror movie, so it was pretty creepy.