Chapter One

Kassandra's Pov

The sun was gently kissing my face while I was looking above, to the bright blue sky. It's been a while since I last saw these beautiful yet dangerous waters; since I felt the ocean breeze caressing my face. Since I left everything in this place behind...Since I escaped from the inescapable fate of every young woman on the planet. Quite an oxymoron aye? But what can I say it's me that we're talking about right? So many memories came back to my mind; both good and bad.

I wonder if this "Romeo boy", as I used to call him, has finally confessed to his Juliet. I mean I've sacrificed much of my leisure time to set them up. He and I even wrote songs about her. I also wonder how Thalia is doing. She must have become a fine lady by now.

Then my lonely thoughts were interrupted by a man's invidious comment that ordered me to get up and give him my seat in the ship's stairs because I was born with a uterus.

So even though I had every good reason to kill him for insulting me in such a disrespectful way because as he mentioned: "white-skinned women, shouldn't tan 'cause they won't find a man. I decided to just let it go since I am so tired of "socializing", and by this, I mean getting in trouble, so I just moved not making a sound much to his surprise.

I moved in the row of the ship and simply stared at the ocean. It's been like five lonely months since I've been to open water; five lonely months since I 've had the freedom I longed all these years.

I stared down at the crystal clear waters and looked at my reflection, which made me realize two things:

1)That it's been a month or so since I last saw myself in a mirror, and by a mirror, I mean the strangely accurate depiction of me in a poster, of course, saying: THE SILVER OWL(Kassandra Pavlou). WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE. Magnificent aye?

2)That we are close to land...

"Is that Port Royal daddy", said a little girl.

"Yes Hannah it is", he said smiling.

Oh...splendid...

Thalia's Pov

Today is the day. This amazing day full of fancy dresses, awful jokes, old naval officers looking for a young wife and Norrington being the most annoying person on the whole damn planet. No wonder why Kas never liked him.So cold and...snobbish.Now that a whole ceremony is held for his promotion he would probably be even more you know...cold and snobbish. I suppose he will propose to Elizabeth soon. A fine match I could say. Commodore James Norrington and lady Elizabeth Swann. It sounds fancy indeed.

Nevertheless, Elizabeth's heart belongs to William, Kas's best friend. I must admit that he had been very distant since Kas left or even better...escaped.

Oh yes, my sister. What an unconventional and untamed woman...What a...prick.Well you see she happens to be the Mediterranean Queen...The Silver Owl. The most ferocious, notorious and intrepid woman captain the high seas have ever seen. The problem is that she is no more here. And of course, my father now wants to avoid the mistake he did with Kas...making his daughter leave from his embrace due to a forced marriage. He's become stricter and never wants to talk about what happened; even with my mother.

You see he is not like the most radical person I've ever met. He is probably more like a prejudiced one, especially when it comes to matrimony. As Kas says: " Marriage is an agreement with the society". He wants me to get married to a boring naval officer who will provide me with tons of happiness much to my dismay.

"Thalia darling the governor and your friend are here", said my mother happily after she had forced me to represent our family to the ceremony.

________________________________