Chapter 30.

I apologise in advance for this badly written chapter... :\

_________________________

“Who’s this Harry you speak of?” Bob asks curiously, peering at Niall. Niall opens his mouth then closes it again. He’s about to shut the door on him when Bobby jams his foot between the door and the gap, stopping him. Niall gulps, looking flustered. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Bobby warns and Niall hesitates before he finally steps aside, letting Bobby through.

When Niall steps back, his eyes fall on a baseball bat that’s sat by his guitar, against a wall. Shakily, he reaches out for it but Bobby turns around. “I wouldn’t do that, either.” He adds with a blunt look on his face and Niall sighs, setting it back down again. Bobby wonders into the kitchen, where he finds numerous pictures of Harry and Niall on the fridge, along with a few emergency numbers.

“Is this the Harry person you were talking about?” Bobby asks curiously, jabbing at Harry’s face with a long finger. “So what if it is?” Niall says defensively and Bobby turns around, a frown on his face. “You sleeping with him?” Bob snaps and Niall blushes a little, mouth open. “I’m dating him.” He mumbles and Bobby sighs, shaking his head in disbelief. “You’ve had sex, right?” Bob asks knowingly and Niall’s face is a deep red now. “That’s not any of your business.” Niall retorts.

“You don’t know, do you?” Bobby suddenly sneers and Niall looks puzzled. “Don’t know what?”

Bobby shakes his head, “Never mind.” He waves his hand dismissively and saunters into the living room, where he scans the pile of paperwork that was Niall’s studying, a football game on the TV on in the background. “You have no right to be here.” Niall voices and Bobby turns round. “I’m your father. I have every right.”

“You stopped being my father when I turned thirteen.” Niall snaps back and Bobby cackled. “And for good reason.” He smirks, examining some photo frames on some shelves and the wall in the living room. Niall does a double take. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I said, never mind.” Bobby repeats, this time more angry. “I want you to leave.” Niall demands and Bobby shakes his head. “Nah, that’s not gonna happen.”

“Why not?”

“Because I have…unfinished business.” Bob musters and Niall gulps, taking a few steps back when Bobby steps forward.

---

The following week when Niall arrives at school, he keeps his head down although it doesn’t do much as it doesn’t hide the swollen side of his face and his black eye. Liam knows there’s something wrong with his best friend but when they reach their English class for the day, Liam doesn’t even bother pestering him because he knows exactly what’s wrong. He knew that Harry would never hurt his friend – so all his bets were on Niall’s dad.

“Niall? A word, please.” Harry demands at the end of class, when the students pile out. Liam turns around, giving Niall a questionable look. “See you later.” Niall mumbles to Liam and Liam gives a curt nod, pursing his lips before he leaves the two alone. Niall saunters over to Harry with his head bowed, avoiding his gaze. “Niall, why won’t you look at me?” Harry whispers, sitting on the edge of his desk, in front of Niall. Niall loved how he had cut straight to the chase.

When Niall didn’t answer, Harry placed a hand on Niall’s jaw, causing Niall to wince and his eyes shot up. Harry blinked in shock, looking at Niall in complete horror. “Niall…” he trailed off, unsure of what to say because he was speechless. There was purple, blue and yellow bruises all down the side of his face leading down to his shoulder and under his eye was swollen and purple. A black eye. Harry grabbed the hem of Niall’s shirt and pulled him close, causing Niall to grunt a little.