Prologue

Today was the day that my life changed forever.
I gripped Tess' hand harder as she led me to our destination. I couldn't see much due to the blindfold covering my eyes, but I could see through the small cracks. We were deep in the woods, surrounded by tall trees, small ponds, wildlife, and leaves. Today was the day.

The whole coven had came up an agreement that I was ready to join them. Everything I did, and every spell I learned was leading up to this point in my life. Today I was taking the blood oath, in which I would swear on my life to treat and protect the coven like family as they would do the same for me.
Tess came to a halt causing my feet to stop as well. "We're here..." She whispered whilst taking off my blindfold. I took in my surrounding, noting ever detail. This is where it's all going to change my life is either going to be an uphill slope from here or go down in bright orange flames. Only fate can decide. We were in the clearing of the woods, a large fire lit in the center,and a man dressed in all black carried a steel dagger as I if it were glass.

Surrounding the fire were the other eight members of the coven, the other two were standing beside me. Approaching the fire circle, I stood next to Octavia and Dylan, two of my best friends in the coven. But for today they knew me as a stranger, a candidate wanting to join the coven. They showed no emotion, none of them did, not were they supposed to. I had befriended all members of the coven already except the man in black. He had always been a mystery to me. When I first arrived back in August they had told me to stay away from him, and that he was not one you'd want to mess with.

This was the first time I'd ever seen him up close, and damn he was hot. He was tall but not taller than me, with dark hair with a few blonde streaks. His eyes, oh I could just get lost in those chocolate brown beauties. I had only heard his name mentioned once. Other than that, everyone just referred to him as 'the dark one'. I believe that his name was Calum or something like that.

'Calum' nuzzled into the circle right in between Michael and Luna. He then took the dagger and drew a line down the palm of his hand, causing spurts of dark red blood to erupt to the surface. He then hovered over the fire and let three single drops of his blood dribble into the flames, causing sparks to erupt and the fire to hiss. I swore as soon as the blood hit the flames I wouldn't be allowed to leave. Which was true, there was now a barrier surrounding us from the outside world and protecting the coven. The ritual had already begun and it was too late to back out now. He then passed the blade to Luna who repeated his steps before passing it to Ashton who did the same. The blade went around the circle until it reached me. I felt as if everyone's eyes were trained on me which they were. I carefully took the blade from Octavia. With shaky hands, I proceeded to draw the same line through my hand as the others did. For a moment I stood still and just watched as the red liquid ran down my hand, and then slowly I moved over to the fire. I counted the drops as they fell.
One
Two
Three
Then I passed the blade on to Dylan. Finally, the blade came back to Calum who looked up at me with a smirk. He walked towards me with the Siri still plastered across his face and pat me on the back while the rest of the coven began to cheer. Calum cleared his throat before speaking, ❝ Welcome to the coven, Luke

Coming January 2015