Chapter 2: Eccentric Note and Sweet Nightmares

I've been strolling alone, covered by the moonless sky. The shadows of dusk seemed to reach out as it creeped towards me. There's an unusual movement near the trees bordering the road I treaded on. Through my peripheral view, I caught a glimpse of a human figure or was it my imagination?

If only I went home earlier and wasn't given errands by professor E crap, I wouldn't be here.

Tempted by my curiosity, I turned back finding nothing but only the colossal trees dancing in tune with the whispers of the wind. The breeze got stronger as the rustling of leaves conquered the sweet silence. Chill started to reach my spine and thoughts pondered upon as it ordered me to find the moving figure. At the same time, I wanted to just sprint. Paralyzed by my instincts, I needed to decide and act fast before danger grasps my safety.

I took a stride forward getting ready to act. All of a sudden, something luminous gained my attention. Intrigued by its brightness, I unconsciously traveled to it, perceiving that it's just a strange piece of folded blue paper despite its mysterious glowing hue. I read the words and its content beckoned me.

I KNOW YOUR REAL IDENTITY. YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY.

It was inscribed in immense black ink freshly transcribed from its smell of cool mint indicating that it's a new piece of paper. Confused by what's happening, I folded the note again and kept it tightly held within my palms.

I scuttled my route going home, pacing further, and gasping for air. My body dawned on every unstable thought that retracted in my head in fear of the bizarre note. Reaching home, I instantaneously departed to my room and heaved my things on the bed. I unfolded the note once again to check the words but the message disappeared. The paper isn't even glowing anymore but rather, it turned into a blank scrap.

Mystified by it, my thoughts became clouded. How did it appear out of the blue and vanish all at once? Or maybe it was just my vivid imagination?

Yes. I think so. Maybe. Maybe not.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, surprising the crap out of me. "Hello?"

"Hey Xeleria, can you possibly drop by tomorrow? My mom wants to invite you for breakfast and lunch and besides, it's Saturday." my bestfriend Zander, the guy who started using the expression crap politely informs.

"Okay sure. Expect me to be there at eight for breakfast."

I don't want to spend special weekends being alone and forlorn at home anyway. I guess having Zander as my childhood best friend makes me so lucky. He eliminates my melancholy every time boredom strikes.

"I'm a drained crap so see you tomorrow."

"Sweet dreams." He voiced before hanging up.

Finally, I lounged comfortably in my comfy bed while sighing with relief. What a day to end with. Blinking my eyes helped me fall into a deep slumber. I hope this night will be free from nightmares and that it would be a sweet dream like what Zander told me.

-

I opened my eyes in jolt, expecting myself to be in bed sleeping safe and sound. Rather, I was lying on a solid ground ensconced with damp grass.

"Where am I?" I voiced out in complete numbness.

The presence of the crescent moon arching along the dusk sky satisfied me. Countless stars blinked together with their distinct burning tint. Rustling of leaves caused by the blustery night made me have the icy feeling inside my chest. But out of all the nocturnal scenes in my dreams, this still seemed to be the warmest.

The frozen oxygen made me quiver, making my body feel weak all of the sudden. My own vessel seemed to move by its own, denying me the authority to control. At the same time, haze blocked my vision, making me collapse on the ground.

I tried to oblige my body to prevent it from fainting. Before I totally break down, a human figure closed in. He's tall, with a white fair complexion despite his dark clothing and dark chocolate brown hair. I took a glance at his face but my vision got cloudier and cloudier the more I focused. My knees were vulnerable so I pulled out my hand to the ground for support.

He walked closer and grasped my hand, holding it close to his chest. I tried to pull away with all my strength but with this kind of weak state, I can't even manage to stand. Helpless, I let just him hold me, as he lays my head on his sculpted arms. A grin formed on his lips but I can't see the rest of his face.

He leaned closer to my ears. "I will always protect you."

Without warning, my vision totally turned into dense black with him only to fade out.

Flashes of him penetrated my mind as soon as I woke up on a real bed. Until now, I'm completely clueless of what my dreams meant. I mean, am I psychotic or should I go to the psychiatrist? Crap, like seriously, this exhausts me.

I trundled around and clasped something solid under my pillow. Completely freezing in terror, I held it harder with fury and confusion as it makes my heart throb even more. It's the necklace with an arrow shaped pendant, slung on the man's neck in the dream.

How did an actual evidence of my dream turn out to be real?

Protect or end my life? Who are you, really?

rN>w/�'