and I Can't Love Again...

I was walking by the beach, the same beach were I and him would usually spend time at. I can feel the cold breeze, hear the sound of splashing waters and smell the sea. Then, all my memories of him flashed back. Tears fell from my eyes as I reminisce the happy moments we had on this beach. I laid down at the sand and looked up to the sky. This place is still as beautiful as I left it.

                It was getting late, and was getting colder. I sat but I can’t seem to stand. I don’t want to leave this place again. It’s a witness of how I grew to love him. I missed this place, I missed the person I was always with in this beautiful place.

                Suddenly, I heard a voice from behind, a very familiar voice of a young man. “Miss? Are you new here? It’s actually getting cold, you better go now.”

                With tears in my eyes, I turned and saw him. The guy I used to love and I still love. He was there, right behind me.

                “Jen…  Jennifer… Is that… Is that really you?” he asked. I stood up and nodded. I saw a tear fell from his eyes.

                “Jen… Why did you go? What happened? “ he asked.

                I don’t know what to say. I don’t know if he’ll understand. “I… I had to go David. I needed to go.”

                “But… But why?”

                “Because you are committed to someone else… and I… I was in love with you… so I had to go, so I won’t hurt myself seeing you with someone else.” I explained with tears flowing from my eyes.

                “What? You… You mean Amanda?” he asked and I nodded.

                “Jen, I’m sorry… if you only gave me the chance to explain everything maybe things didn’t end up like this. The day after the prom, I broke up with her. Then I rushed to your house but you weren’t there anymore. I wanted to tell you that I… I love you.” He explained

                I cried for a while and asked, “It’s not too late yet, right? Can we still work things out?”

                He remained silent and cried. “It is… It is too late.” He showed me his hand with a gold ring on his finger. “I’m married, it’s been two months now.”

                “What? With… with whom?” My heart was broken to pieces, I thought I’ll finally have the chance to have him back, but I thought wrong.

                “With… Jessica.”

                “What? David, she’s my best friend! Why her of all girls?” I exclaimed.   “I got her pregnant Jen. I had to marry her.” He said.

                “David… you were the reason… I came here.” My voice cracked. All of these are so hard for me to accept. “But… you’re also the same reason… I’m never coming back.” With that, I walked away, still crying.

                I’m broken. I’m totally broken, and I know, no one will come and bring these pieces back together again because my love story didn’t end happily. And I’m not hoping that it will.