That Girl

A typical guy, 25 years old working in one prestigious company. He wants to date this girl, his workmate there is nothing special on this girl but she caught Isaiah attention.
Wearing eyeglasses and look serious mas gusto magisa kesa makihalubilo sa mga kawork nya,ito un girl na nakakuha nang atensyon ni Isaiah. Un tipong Ms. Minchin ang datingan na pagbabalatin ka ng patatas kapag mali ang
katrabaho nya.

Isaiah turn red as hell when he saw that Mariz are looking straight at him. And he wasnt expected that the girl will threw a smile at him. It seems like he won a lottery that day at bet nya ilibre ang kumag na nangasar sa kanya.

Its already lunchtime and he was looking for a table where he could eat, it was only one spot kung san pede sya maupo and Mariz was sitting there. Di nya alam if paano o san sya kumuha ng lakas ng loob nakita nalang nya ang sarili nakatayo sa harapan ng babaeng napapagtigil ng mundo nya.
Lumunok at kumuha ng lakas ng loob at magwiwika sana kung pede makiupo, subalit tumayo na si Marie at sinabi sa kanya na "sige maupo ka na dito, tapos na ako kumain". Sabay talikod sa kanya, all he could do is to look the back of the girl while walking away. He sat down staring at his meal and talking to it as if it will help him to recover, it was his chance to have a moments with the girl and make it one of his memories. A chance where he could at least know her better, kaso un dila at diwa nya ay naiwan sa tokador nya sa bahay.

"next time nalang," this is the only thing he can say to console himself.

The day went on, its already end of their shift and he was about to have a last look with his crush but on his dismay wala na ito sa cubicle nito.

While waiting sa elevator Isaiah was busy browsing his playlist, the elevator door open and sumakay na sya dito nang walang tingin tingin. On his suprised sila lang dalawa ni Marie ang nakasakay sa elevator, its quite ackward silence, he wants to break the silence.

"Pauwi ka na?". He asked Mariz and he realized that was a stupid question since uwian na nga nila.

But Marie give a nod as response on his question.

He was about to ask another question but Marie asked him, and if pede lang kainin sya nang elevator dahil tila nalunok nya ang kanyang dila.

"San ka nauwi? Mariz asked.

Pede bang sa bahay mo nalang ako umuwi, ito ang gusto nya isagot pero syempre bilang maginoo sinagot nya ito nang ayos dahil baka hambalusin sya nito nang bag na mukang matigas pa naman if un ang isasagot nya. 

" Sa Cavite ako nauwi," sagot niya kay Mariz.

"Ang layo ah, uwian ka?, tanong uli ni Mariz.

" Oo uwian ako, ikaw ba? San ka pa nauwi nyan? Tanong niya para malaman na din nya kung san umuuwi ito.

"Taga Laguna talaga ako pero nagboboard ako jan sa Pasay,kaya every weekend lang ako nauwi sa amin." wika ni Mariz.

"Hmm, buti okay lang sa family mo?" he asked that question as a purpose of getting some info if may anak na ba ito o asawa.

Mariz became silent and Isaiah thought its a wrong question. But on his relief she answered his question.

"its okay with them, since im single naman and they know naman na i can manage. I dont have boyfriend naman na magagalit o magaantay sa paguwi ko kaya keri lang."

As Mariz said those things pakiramdam nya nasa alapaap sya tila nagawitan ang mga anghel sa salitang single na winika ni Marie.

They spent another couple of minutes talking and separate their ways.

Day passed, Mariz and Isaiah became close friend. Pinaramdam ni Isaiah kay Mariz kung gaano ito kaimportante, inihahatid at ipinagluluto nya ito ng baon. He always make sure na lagi sya nasa tabi nito, it seem almost perfect but the thing is he doesnt know the real score. But one thing for sure he love that girl and by crook or by hook he will do everything to Mariz accept his heart.

Its already a year and there still no progress kung sila ba o ano ba sila.
Even Isaiah doesnt know, ang hirap kasi walang label ang kung anuman ang mayroon sila.
Minsan sya naglakas ng loob umiwas si Mariz kaya di na lamang nya pinilit ang sa takot na mawala ito sa kanya.

Isaiah asked if its worth it, to wait the girl to fall for him. From the beginning he doesnt asked for anything, he was contented enough to show and make Mariz how he felt for her. But it seems that he was waiting for nothing, it seems that Marie will never reciprocate the love he was capable of giving.

He took all the courage and invite Mariz to have a proper dinner and chance to clarify what they really are. To his suprised Mariz said yes for the invitation, he was hoping that it was a sign.

Halos hatakin na ang oras, bawat minuto ay sumisipat sa orasan. Kaba at magkahalong saya ang nararamdaman. Kaba dahil baka di maganda ang maging resulta at saya bilang ito na ang pagkakataon kung san malalahad ang nilalaman ng puso.
At sumapit na nga ang oras, di mapakali sa lobby sa pagaantay. Bumukas ang elevator at inuluwal nito ang babaing itinatangi, inialay ang kamay para ito ay alalayan sa paglabas. Di naman pinagkait ni Mariz at inabot nya din ang kamay nito.

Simple lamang ang kanilang pinuntahan na restaurant, simple ambiance at malamyos na musikang tumutugtog sa background. It was a perfect place for him and he saw Marie smile, and automatically he feel that he is smiling as well.

It was a very smooth evening, conversation went well. And Isaiah didnt hesitate he make the right moment to ask Mariz.

"Mariz i guess you know how much you mean to me, it is not love that i have for you but more than that. Its something that i cannot imagine if i lost you. I do care for you and i want to take care of you for the rest of my life, but i dont know if i will be able to continue if i know you dont want what i can offer you. "  Isaiah said it while looking Mariz eyes.

Mariz take a deep breath and grab his hand.

" Isaiah, youre a great man and im so lucky because all of woman in the office ako un pinili mong mahalin at pagukulan ng atensyon. I dont know what i have done to deserve those attention that youre giving, honestly i want to be with you but i cant thats why i stopped you everytime you asked what do we have or what are we?..i love the way you take care of me but i cannot give it the thing you wanted i know after this i might lose you but i would rather choose that instead of giving you hope. I have a lot in my mind and relationship is the very least of it. Youre a great guy and i dont want to be hindrance for you to find your happiness. " Mariz said this without looking at him, she held herself not to cry because she can see the pain in Isaiah's eyes.

Isaiah is staring at the seat that was occupied of the person he really love, Mariz left already he cant stand nor think of anything he wanted to cry but he knows that it will happen. He was so stupid enough that after all of the effort, care and love he showed to her it will be a yes for him but that hope is just a hope that he buried on his memories.
He call the waiter and paid the bills, left with his broken heart.

It was a rough night for him trying to accept  everything in just one night to faced it na parang walang nangyari, nakailang ikot na sya sa kama pero tila nananadya ang oras ang pagkakataon. All the memories they shared keep on coming back and this time he didnt held the tears he let it fell, he let the pain sulk on his soul in that way he can move on. It almost an hour and he decide to quit his job not for anything but he need to move on, he need to go outside not to avoid of anything but go move forward wherein he can mend his broken heart.

****

( will he fall in love again? Will he able to move on from the heartache he felt. And will he find that girl who will love him the more love he can give?)