Chapter 8

Sight of Him

I like him! I can feel it. The feeling is new. I have boyfriends before but nothing feels like this. I have loved them, I think. I’m not a player I just give them a chance but nothing special happens.

Now this peculiar feeling towards him is really bothering. I have not seen him again. I was looking forward of at least seeing him once but no luck. The only place I had encounter with him was in the elevator and the last was on Mr. Ong office. I wanted to see him at least a glimpse of him would be enough. I sigh.

“Hey Gelay! What’s wrong?” Ate Susie asked. We were having lunch at a nearby restaurant. I looked at her with a narrowed face. How many times do I have to tell her not to call me Gelay!

“I’m fine just don’t call me that name again.” I said seriously at her, sighing.

“Oh! You don’t like Gelay but the whole family called you that name, why shouldn’t I?”

“Exactly the whole family but at least don’t call me that here. It’s an old thing you know!”

“Okay Gelay whatever you say.” She said rolling her eyes at me.

“I said…”

“I know stop the crap Angela, so what’s bothering you?

“Nothing I just miss them.” I said half truth.

“Me too I’ve been here for three years. Thanks to technology today it makes life so easy. At least, it lessens the feeling of missing them.” She said. I felt bad for bringing up this topic. I’ve been here for more than a month and the feeling of longing is really worst.

“You’ll going home next year so don’t worry.”

“Yeah, I just missed all of them! I’ll organized the biggest reunion ever when I got home.”

“Thanks to you.”

“Oh! Our Gelay here will be lonely.” She said faking the hurt.

“That…”

“Angela rather.” She said winking. I rolled my eyes to her sighing. My eyes suddenly catch a glimpse of a man I have been thinking.

There he is setting alone, taking his time looking at the menu. I watch him carefully not minding my cousin bickering about the flowers she received this morning.

I studied his figure while flipping the menu. He really is perfect. His move was controlled. He looks good with his dress suit. His hair was a little curl and reddish brown not a typical American blonde. He’s gorgeous.

My focus to him was interrupted when girl came and kissed him on the lips for I don’t know how long.

He is taken.

He snaps in my direction. I hurriedly take my eyes of him and focus on Ate Susie. I’m glad she hasn’t caught me not listening. I rolled my eyes on the side and saw him looking at our direction. I got nervous.

“Ate Susie let’s get back. I still have to finalize my reports.” I said standing and walk to leave not looking back. Ate Susie came running on my side and eyed my questioningly. I shrugged and continued walking casually.

My afternoon had passed normally with a constant bothering of Ate Susie on my cubicle. She keeps on chatting and chatting since her report was done. My report was done too but I want myself to keep busy.

I sigh laying on my bed looking at the ceiling.

He has a girlfriend, girl! He’s taken! You lose your chance so stop thinking about him now. She’s sexy and gorgeous and I think rich just like him sexy, gorgeous and rich you’re no much to her.

You’re just ordinary, his employee and a pathetic girl who likes him. I thought staring at the ceiling. I really am pathetic right now.

Henry Ian Avery, CEO of Avery Holdings Inc.

He has a girlfriend and…

He is taken.

taken...

taken!