5. This Is What Dreams Are Made Of

As the play week finally ended, the students were still buzzing with what happened the week before. They kept talking about what went wrong, the funny moments that happened and the success of their hard work. For Gabby, it was the countless moments she had with Jericho. He kept making moves and hints at her but she would not just get it.

This week, her teacher became strict on her and bluntly said that she needed extra time to concentrate with her school work. Gabby felt that she does not need it but she didn't want her teacher telling on her parents.

She was working on her English workbook when she heard voices. She looked from her office to the source of the noise when she saw Jericho with some of his friends. Gabby had the itch to call him but remembered what her teacher told her.

Looking down at her workbook, she felt irritated because she didn't want to do any of this work. All she wanted to do was to be with him. For the past few months, she was with Jericho for most of the time. She was used to his presence wherever she went.

When she turned the page, she noticed that the room was quiet. Looking around, she realized that she was alone. Instead of doing her schoolwork, she went on daydreaming.

Looking around, I see so many stars scattered amongst the sky. It was such a beautiful scene. The atmosphere was cold and peaceful. I feel the chill but I did not bother with it since my mind was too busy to notice the temperature.

I suddenly felt arms around me. I smiled knowing who that was. I felt warm breaths on my ear and his nose as he snuggles besides me.

'This is pure bliss', I thought. What could be better than this?

Jericho's hand reached up to touch my chin and turned me towards him. I smiled when I saw his beautiful face. For a 14 year old, he was so handsome. I looked up into his eyes and saw happiness in them.

'Maybe this time I could get a kiss?', I thought. I mean who wouldn't want to receive one from God's gorgeous specimen.

Maybe a taste or a touch will be sufficient enough. Both our faces were slowly creeping closer as we braise ourselves for the moment we were waiting for.

Inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter, our lips were getting closer by the second. Our noses touched and I could feel his minty breath. I inhaled and I almost lost it.

'How could he be so perfect?', I wondered.

I was having goose bumps just by thinking of what will happen next.

'Finally, I've been waiting for this", he said. As our heads tilted and mouths opened, we moved just an inch more we could finally touch each…

RING! RING! RING!

Gabby panicked and looked around to see what the noise was all about. When she saw the clock she realized the final bell rang to indicated that final period has ended. She sighed and looked at her work.

"I barely even wrote anything. Great. Just great.", she muttered.

Gabby started to pack her things before her teacher could see her. She quickly left the room and dashed out of the school building. Looking around, she saw that some students had already left. She placed her bag in her locker and went to the abandon area of their school. As she was walking, she wondered why would she daydream of something like that. She has never been kissed before and now she dreams of kissing Jericho?

She sat down and pondered for awhile. Gabby didn't notice that from afar and older student told Jericho of her whereabouts. He was on his way to her wondering why would she be alone in a place like that.

Gabby heard leaves crunching and looked up. She was shocked to see Jericho here with her. She thought that he already left for school.

"What are you doing here, alone?", Jericho wondered. He was worried that she might be getting lonely.

"I could ask you the same thing", she answered back. She watched him as he sat beside her and rested his head on her shoulder.

"This is nice. Us, alone together", he shared. Gabby was getting nervous. She remembered her daydream and realized that she didn't want that to happen--not yet anyway.

"Nothing, you know let's go back. People might be looking for us." She started to rise when Jericho caught her wrist. He grabbed both hands and place them on his shoulders as he placed his hands on her waist.

"W-Wh-What are y-you doing?", she stuttered. This is exactly like what she dreamt earlier. Perhaps, this is the time where she finally gets her first kiss?

Jericho looks at her and smirks. He loves how she is so innocent. It was one of the things that attracted him to her.

"We are just dancing", he replied. They started swaying slowly, imagining the music in their heads. Gabby almost leant her head on his shoulder when she saw her two best friends staring from afar. She jumped back and let go his hands.

"W-We ha-have to g-go", she said. Gabby started walking towards the school building. She could not believe what just happened. How could she let go of herself like that? Her body was feeling good but her conscience were saying that everything was bad. She could almost feel the judgmental eyes of her friends. She loves them and like Jericho at the same time but she couldn't find it in herself to balance the two. She was losing control.

For other people it may seem okay but she is just 12 years old--barely a teenager. She could hear Jericho's pleads as he walked towards her.

'What happened?', Jericho thought. In his mind, everything was going well. He couldn't understand why she just freaked out. He was walking after her. Jericho wanted to hold her hand but he knows she wouldn't want to because of the rules of the school.

As they neared the lockers, Gabby went to hers to grab her bag. The school bus just arrived and she immediately wanted to go home. As it stopped she went inside and sat at the middle. Jericho followed her and just watch her as she pondered on what happened to the dream she had earlier in class. As the bus was starting to fill, Jericho left and said his goodbyes.

When the bus finally left the school, she didn't bother talking to her friends. She just wondered 'Will there come a time when everything doesn't feel like breaking a rule?". And throughout the way home, Gabby was quiet until she entered her room where tears started to fall.

***

A/N: Hello my lovelies! I know that you have been waiting for so long to get a chapter out of me. I just went through a phase where I had no idea what to write. Hence, two of my stories are on hold and I am just trying to finish this short story. This was suppose to be for memoir month but that ship, obviously, just sailed. I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though its really short!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! Thank you so much!

xoxo,

Schuyler Gabrielle

(schuylergabrielle.wordpress.com)