I Think He's Got It... -6

And another:D

Chapter 6-  I think he's got it...

"Guys, meet Route and Amelia." I announced, walking towards my little group that I had left to search for Matt.

"Hi, I'm Arie," I watched as she reached out to shake both Route and Amelia's hands, "glad you could make it, Rebel5 is always a party!" She laughed and stepped back so Kyle could take his turn shaking their hands with his good arm.

"Woah, what happened?" Amelia asked when she noticed Kyle's bandaged shoulder.

"One of the grubs got a little hungry, and I guess I just looked really tasty." He joked, laughing a little bit. But Route looked wary.

"Did you get it checked out?" Route asked him, looking serious.

"Well, yeah, I mean doc cleaned it up and sewed me back together. It’s not a bite or anything, just a nasty scratch." He shrugged with his good shoulder and then adjusted the strap of the sling so it wasn't digging into his neck.

"Alrighty, just checking." Route dropped the subject, but took a step away from Kyle and stayed an extra foot or so away from him.

"Well alright guys, let's get you two settled in." I clapped my hands together and ushered everyone towards the empty building next to mine.

The dance studio was the last building on on this side of the complex, but the building on the left of us was still vacant. It looked as if it used to be a lawyer or a business office, but who ever owned it had it set up really nice. And since no one required comfy furniture or fancy desks and such, most of this was untouched.

We walked up to the door and stopped, waiting for someone to produce the keys. I eyed Route until he noticed my staring.

"Matt gave you guys the key right? Cause I don't have them..." Route nodded suddenly and dug around in one of his pockets.

"Yeah, he handed them to us right before the meeting." He stepped forward and unlocked the door, flipping on the light switch on the wall next to the door frame, and walking inside. The door stayed open so we could easily file in.

"So this is the place huh?" Amelia walked in behind him and looked around. She picked up one of the blankets someone had left on the couch and dropped it again.

"It's not much, but it's more than we had before." Route stepped towards her and fixed the now messy blanket on the couch. He put his hand on her shoulder, and then walked away looking down the hallway.

"It's really nice. Hey, sweet! There's a real shower here!" He had paused in front of their bathroom door and we all watched as he disappeared into the other room. Amelia brightened up and followed him in. We caught a hint of a smile on her face as she disappeared from view.

"I take it you guys didn't have showers where you were before?" We all followed them down the hall a little ways and paused as Route stuck his head out the door again.

"Nope, this place really is a party!" He smiled at Arie and then walked back out into the hallway.

"So, I think that I need to take a long, hot shower, and  Amelia probably wants to too....but I really need to talk to the Doc here. We need to have a chat about how this whole zombie thing really works. We learned some scary stuff on the army base when the outbreak began."

"I understand, but don't you want some food or furniture first?" Route just shook his head.

"This is important. A lot of things have changed and I think Doc needs to hear about it." I nodded and then turned to Arie.