'The Heroes Journey' - Short story

We love a good fantasy type hero story that makes no sense and was meant for an assignment back in year 7.

'I'll go,' Ena stood up bravely accepting the quest.
"Are you sure, young one, you aren't experienced?" The elder guardian questioned distastefully.
Ena glanced quickly at the girl next to her, Mira, before nodding. 'I can handle myself quite fine.."
The elder Guardian sighed, then signalled that the meeting had adjourned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ENA:
The journey up the side of the mountain was long and tiring, although the view from the top was incredible. I could almost see the outer walls of the capital.

"Wow.." I sighed, watching the land below.

"We're so, high." A girl replied, her eyes twinkling from the accomplishment.

Right, turned out I wasn't able to leave Mira behind because she believed that she was destined to come along. Instead I let her tag along, even though it was against the rules.

"C'mon Mira, we need to hurry." I nudged her slightly.

Mira turned to me and smiled, a form of saying 'okay then.' Trekking just a bit around the side of the cliff I was able to find the cave entrance. Let's just say there wasn't much light inside.

"How's someone supposed to live here?" Mira questioned, her ears all the way down, meaning she was nervous.

"My thoughts, exactly." I replied while inspecting some markings of people hunting, on the walls.

The air suddenly went ice cold and I wasn't able to sense Mira's presence anymore. I spun around and the room was illuminated with torches while a man stood there gripping onto Mira's wrist tightly.

"Let her go.." I warned growling slightly.

"Get out of my cave." He smugly shot back. The nerve of this guy.

Mira started to whimper silently.

I suddenly stopped. "You're the seeker of wisdom.. But you're a teen?" I asked confused.

"Rude, I'm 17, but yes.. I'm Phoenix, The Time mentor. How may I assist you?" He sarcastically asked letting go of Mira and allowing her to run back to me.

"Okay then... We're on a quest, to defeat Zalmyt, your 'creation'. Do I need to break it down so that your little boy brain can understand?"

His eyes turned blood red, "I AM NOT A GUY, I actually have no gender..."

"What?" Mira whispered, slightly blushing, no one heard her though.

"And about Zalmyt, You have no chance of defeating him, I created him from the essence of fear. I've even tried to destroy him myself but Zalmyt is a being much stronger than me. A god maybe? I'm not sure."

I knew the consequence already, I knew I would lose everything afterwards... but it was the only way to beat Zalmyt.

"Well, I think I have an idea..."

This was an 100% original story by the way so I'm sorry if has some kind of similarity to other works. Also I had drawn so many pictures of the two characters 'Ena' and 'Mira' for their designs back in 2017 but I haven't been able to find any of them. Another part of the assignment was to draw one of the scenes of the story and the pic I drew involved all three characters and I was super proud and hype about it, I never got the drawing back :((

At the time this story felt too short for me and it still does now but we had like a 300 word limit (which sucks because you can barely write anything with that) and I also had to condense it down even further because I was already over by a couple hundred and Sir was strict with the word limit.

SN_CATT