ch.3 I'll Call You Twinkle

Liam Payne

I raise an eyebrow to myself as the girl with red velvet coloured hair sits down on the hospital bed, her eyes scanning the room as if she's leaving her home. I shove my hands into my pockets, looking around the room awkwardly without saying a word.

I feel her eyes narrow on me and I look down to meet her chocolate brown orbs that twinkle in the light. A tear drips down her cheek and I feel the urge to go wipe it away and tell her that she'll be okay, but then the urge to leave it alone comes and gets the hold of my actions.

I know absolutely nothing about this girl. I don't know her name. I don't know her age. I don't know her story. I don't know her.

But I want to.

I give her a sheepish smile and watch closely as she stands up from where she was sitting, and walks past me, out of the door to the hospital room.

Well maybe I deserved that. I guess no one really explained what happened with her to me. All I know is that her moving in was my suggestion but the lads took it further so I blame them.

I sigh to myself and walk out of the room, looking around the hospital lobby and frowning to myself when I don't see the familiar straight red hair flowing around and shaping a girl's face.

I feel someone come up behind me and my back stiffens. I seriously didn't need to be spotted at a hospital on break. This wont look good on the magazine covers. I can see the headlines now. One Direction's Liam Payne Spotted in New Cross Hospital with Mysterious Red Haired Beauty.

It's not the first time I've been to this hospital. I used to come here when I was younger to get injections into my arm. I only have one working kidney. It's depressing to think about it but I try not think of it. I'm grateful for everything I have. I've always been loved by my family.

That's all I could ever ask for. People to love me and accept who I am.

"Boo," the figure behind me whispers into my ear. I feel chills on my neck as the cold, minty breath breathes on me. I turn around quickly and meet the twinkling brown eyes for the second time today.

"I thought you left," I state, confused.

"I'm a ghost..." she says, trailing off in a whisper. I smile at her but roll my eyes. I grasp my fingers onto my aviator sunglasses and pull my right hand out of my pocket, unfolding the sunglasses and putting them on quickly. I pull my grey beanie down more to cover my hair and grab Twinkle's hand.

I guess that's what I'll call her. Since her eyes are always twinkling--yeah it's cheesy. I'm terrible at giving nicknames.

"What's with the glasses?" she asks. I look down to her and see her raise an eyebrow at me as she pokes my sunglasses.

"It's a disguise," I say simply. She smiles.

"Oh I see. Your an assassin. This is like one of those movies I suppose," she says quietly, sighing to herself.

"What?" I ask, ill at ease.

"It's completely cool I mean, I've always wanted to be an assassin. I think it's cool to know one. As long as your not going to kill me," she explains. I shake my head at her, puzzled. She thinks I'm an assassin?

But, she wants to be an assassin? I'm sure she was just kidding. Probably just freaked out is all she was. I'm not surprised. One Direction is a bit weird but come on, we're lovely lads!

"I'm in a band called One Direction," I explain. She nods her head in awe and smiles awkwardly, trying to look as if she knows exactly what I'm talking about. I'm guessing she doesn't get out much. Or she doesn't watch television.