Butter Wouldn't Melt ~Jack Barakat one shot~

Mel sat cross legged on the sofa, flicking through the free magazine that came with the Sunday paper. She groaned to herself as her eyes quickly scanned all the air brushed girls on the glossy pages.

"fake, fake, fake" she mumbled as she turn each page, suddenly she stopped as a small sub- heading caught her eye.

"An All Time High for Jack Barakat?" it read, she giggled quietly as she wondered what her muppet of a boyfriend had done now. It must have been from his night out last night, they were all staying in a Vegas Hotel, they, being Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack, Mel, Flyzik and the rest of the crew, for Flyziks birthday.

Mel looked at the pictures besides the article before she read it. There was on of Alex looking completely smashed and holding onto Flyzik so he didn't fall to the ground. It looked like he was mid sing song.

There was another one of Rian, it looked like he was crying, Mel laughed to herself, bless him.

The last picture was one that made Mels heart skip several beats, she looked again to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her; nope, there it was in black and white, (well actually it was clear and glossy and it made Mels stomach turn, but you know what I mean.) her boyfriend, Jack, pushing another girl up against a wall, kissing her hard with his hands half way down her pants.

"No" She whispered harshly to herself like it was her own fault. Just then, Jack walked in.

"Hey" He said casually. "My head is banging" Mel threw the magazine at him, him just being in the room was making her angry.

"What is this?!" She demanded. Jack looked at the magazine, it took him at minute to realize what he was looking for, but when he found it his eyes widened.

"Baby.." he said gently.

"Don't 'baby' me!" Mel yelled.

"Listen to me!" He stepped towards her warily.

"Don't even come near me" She snarled.

Mel could see the hurt in Jacks eyes when as soon as she had said it, but she didn't care, she was hurting more than he was. After minutes of silence, she couldn't take it anymore, all of her anger and hurt were turning into feelings she'd never felt before, feelings she couldn't describe.

"I never thought you'd do that to me, Jack" She said as a single slid down her cheek.

"I never thought I would either" He whispered. Mel shook her head.

Jack sat next to her and gently took her hand, she immediantly felt better and comforted, as much as she hated it.

"Mel, listen to me. You are perfect and i'd never intentionally hurt you like that and I know being drunk is no excuse and how sorry I am can't be put into words, though I hope you know that what happened with her meant nothing, nothing at all, because when I'm with you nothing else matters. Your smile brightens up my whole day, and I hate seeing you sad like this and it's even worse know that I caused it. You are such a beautiful girl and I just want you to be happy, no in fact, I want to make you happy." He finished his speech and Mel looked up at him, his big brown eyes were giving her the puppy dog look, she was melting. She had no choice but to forgive him.

"Butter wouldn't melt with you, Jack Barakat" She said throwing herself into his arms. He hugged her tightly.

"I love you so much" He whispered.

"I love you very very much" She replied into his chest.

He gently lifted up her head so the tips of their noses were just brushing against eachother. Jack

didn't move but just smiled.

"Kiss me then, you muppet!" Mel laughed and Jack kissed her deeply.