chapter twelve . ( F I N A L )

trigger warning ! )
mentions of suicide and cutting.

also please listen to the song !
it adds so much to this chapter !

( third person pov )

july seventh

daniel sat down on the uncomfortable chair of the funeral home. worried and tear filled eyes wondered around, people daniel hadn't seen in months greeting him with empty smiles. if only they knew what he had done. the room was filled with nothing but color, for a celebration of life, but it still felt black and white.

hundreds of people took their seats as the memorial for the two teenagers slowly began. daniel would be the last person to give his speech for them.

midge had seen daniel enter the building, stumbling and eyes bloodshot. she walked up to him, blood boiling and fury taking over anything remotely sane in her mind.
ambrie and james had lost their life due to daniels reckless behavior, and he had the nerve to show up?

"what the actual fuck do you think you're doing here?" midges' voice spoke harshly, a hard tug pulling at his sleeve.

daniel's eyes widened, "midge pleasee, i-i don't want drama."

"you have no goddamn right to be here right now." midge could only see red, her best friends were dead because of him.

"i cant do this right now midge, not now." daniel stormed off, and that's where he was now, in the chair wallowing in self pity.many people understood how heart broken the man was. even though he acted as if he never cared on the outside, his disheveled hair and baggy eyes told the truth.

ambries mother stood by daniel in the line up for the speeches. she let small tears spill from her eyes . "she really loved you daniel, so so much. god, the way her eyes lit up when she spoke about you. i was sure you two would be married by the time she left for collage."

daniel felt as if his heart had been smashed to pieces. he ruined his chances of being with someone who truly cared about him, all for the sake of his pride. ambries mother placed her hands on daniels shoulders, giving a light squeeze before stepping up to the podium.

once her speech was over, daniel walked up to the podium. looks of pity gazed over to him .

he cleared his throat, hoping to not break down in front of everyone. he shuffled through his cards, hands shaking. he threw them to the ground and looked up.

his puffy bloodshot eyes reached out for everyone , sending a call for help to anyone .

"imagine, your last words to someone you cared so deeply for were i hate you." he stopped for a moment, taking a deep breath. "ambrie was the love of my life, and i know i have no right to call her such a thing when all i did was break her repeatedly. i was a terrible person— no i am a terrible person. ambrie and james deserved nothing but happiness and, pardon my language, i fucked everything up."

"i was the reason for that crash." daniel closed his eyes when he heard the small gasps. "ambrie was pregnant, she was on her way to the women's center with james and midge when they had been hit."

daniel felt as if the walls were quickly closing in on him . his throat was closing up slowly, and all he wanted was to finish his speech.

" ambrie loe morales. i love you so much."

and with that daniel stepped of the stage and walked to the nearest exit of the building. he wanted to get out of the funeral home as fast as he could .

daniel got into his car and drove home. the thirty minute drive felt like five for him. he grabbed for his keys to his apartment, his shaking hands creating this task a challenge for him.

once making it inside, he walked to his bathroom. staring himself down in his large mirror. the longer he looked at himself the angrier he got. he looked dreadful, his face was sunken in, his hair greased, his clothing tousled. he was tired, he was so, so, so tired. daniel wanted it to end, he wanted it all to go away.

he looked through his cabinets for anything, a razor, pills, something that would end his pain. he felt so small in the world now that he was alone, he had nobody anymore.

he grabbed the small razor blade that was placed in the back of his drawer. he lifted his sleeve, looking down at his wrist.

"this is it daniel, you did this to yourself. this is all your fault. you deserve nothing. " one cut was made, the pain barely noticeable.

"you're the reason she's gon . you ended someone's life, it's your turn." another.

"you're nothing, you're worthless. " another.

"you're." another.
"a." another.
"murderer." one more deep incision was made .

daniel felt his body go limp, sweat pooling everywhere due to the excessive amounts of blood loss. his heartbeat slowly faded, along with his vision, and his last words were slowly mumbled .

"i love you ambrie loe morales. i am a liar . "

[ RYANAS NOTES ]
GUYS IM CRYING
IM ACTUALLY CRYING WHAT THE FUCK .
if you or anyone is in need of help , please contact someone . i've gone through this before , i still am . i love each and every one of you .