chapter 1

Hijikata POV

I chuckled, running in the forest and searched for a good animal to shoot at. I found a deer so I shot it. I cheered. "Dad gonna be so proud of me". I whispered, dragging it back to the tribe. My dad was the chief, which was going to make me future chief. I grinned, going up to him. "Hey dad. Check it out. I shot this deer while I was hunting". I said, waiting for him to say he was proud of me but he only hummed and walked away. I sighed, looking down. Then a girl gasped. "Omg. You're so cool. You caught that all by yourself". She said. I turned to her and froze. She was beautiful, no doubt about she. She grinned. I grinned as well. "Umm. Ya". I said. She smiled. "Could you teach me". She asked. I grinned. "Of course". I said and chuckled. 

(Few years later)

I woke up in bed, looking to the side and seeing my new wife. I smiled, holding her hand and kissing her cheek. "Good morning my love". I whispered. She smiled, looking at me. "Good morning". She whispered. I smiled, kissing her cheek, holding her stomach. "So. What should we name him". I asked. She sighed. "You never know Hijikata. It could always be a girl". She said. I chuckled. "I know but I really want a boy". I said. She giggled, kissing me. I kissed back. I really did want a boy. I want to show him how to hunt, how to fight and how to rule. But..it wasn't a boy..

(Time skip)

I was in the room, writing some letters until CHizuru gasped, holding her stomach. "Hijikata. I..I think the baby coming". She said. I gasped, taking her to the nurses. 

(Time skip)

I was by the tent, walking back and fourth and waited to see if CHizuru was okay, including my son. Then the women came out and smiled. "..meet your child". She said. I gasped, walking inside and seeing Chizuru holding our son. I gasped, feeling like I was going to cry. I rubbed her shoulder and grinned at him. "Oh..he's beautiful..what should we name him". I asked. She giggled, grinning. "How about..Chinami". She asked. I looked at her, confused. "isn't that kind of like a girlish name". I asked. She giggled. "Hijikata..meet your daughter..Chinami". She said. I gasped, looking down at the baby. "Oh..right". I said and grinned, awkwardly. A girl..well..not bad..

(Few years later)

Chinami POV

I woke up. I grinned, getting off the bed and grabbing my drawing of me, mommy and daddy and running to the eating room. Once I came in my mother gasped, hugging me and kissing me. "Oh baby. Good morning my princess". She said. I giggled, hugging her. "Good morning mommy". I said. She giggled, looking at the drawing. "I made it for daddy. That's you, that's daddy and that's me". I said. She gasped. "Oh it's beautiful. Go show daddy. He's going love it". She said. I giggled, running to him and showing him his drawing. "Here daddy. It's for you". I said, expecting him to gasp and get emotional but he only picked it up and nodded in approval. I breathed. I mean he always been distant with me but mom says he distant to everyone so this wouldn't surprise her. I sat on the chair and started eating breakfast. Mom kissed my cheek and hugged me. I giggled, hugging her back. 

(Time skip)

I went to training, running over there. I got ready to fire at my target and shot. Once I shot it in the middle I gasped, looking around. "Daddy. Did you see that". I asked but he wasn't there. I saw him with a boy, grinning at him and patting his back. I breathed. Maybe he was just helping him. After all he was training us. I shook it off and kept training. 

(Time skip)

Chizuru POV

I sighed, knitting while Hijikata was writing in his paper. I felt myself dizzy so I held myself on the ground which made HIjikata look. "My love". he asked, walking over to me. My ears started hurting. I groaned, passing out.