Heat: The Legend Continues Chapter 2

Chris POV

I was shocked by the event that took place. Lady Rebecca had beaten me on an one on one. Sure she cheated me but it in a real battle that little stunt she pulled would have actually paid off. I gave Becky a smile and carefully stood up making sureto regain my balance.

She shot me back a dazzling smile that made my heart skip a beat. She was so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from looking into hergray piercing eyes. Then her expression changed to what I couldn't tell. Was it panic? My face screamed terror. I couldn't stand to see her like that.

"Are you okay Becky? You beat me on an one on one and you look like you just saw a ghost." I was really worried.

She shook her head seeming to be clearing her mind, "Yeah. I'm okay. I just realized something shocking is all."

Something was still off. What could have caused my lovely Becky to look feel this way. Was it the fact that she beat me and was terrorfied that meant she would be one step closer to defeating my father? Becky loved to fight but she hated to kill. She still wasn't sure why I even wanted to kill my father. She didn't understand my pain. He drilled me to learn, to learn to fight. He even tortured me when I couldn't get it right. He would let his Dragon burn me, burn my hands, my feet, my face. Anything to let me learn, he would do.

My hate for him developed more during the years. I didn't even get to go outside. I was in a jail, the castle. No one could see me, only the trainers and they were just like my father. Until I escaped of course. I escaped with my Dragon and a Dragon Egg. It was six hundred years he had me under his will but no more. I ran away, fighting the men my father would send to return me and the stolen egg to the castle. I kept it up for five years. But I did lose the egg. I lost it during a battle with one of my father's men and I spentdays searching for it. But then I rescued a beautifulhalf mondroid girlin the forest from men that were going to rape her.

She was the first girl I had seen close up before and she was the most beautiful. I always saw girls from a distance since I was always running. I soon noticed that this girl had a dragon. A blue, just like the one I had lost. We continued to travel together and I taught her everything I knew so that one day she could help me defeat my father. On the travel we took together, I found myself falling slowly in love with her. And she returned the feelings but I told her that I didn't.

We had to focus on defeating my father and that would only stray us from our duty of freeing the lands. The way it had pained me to tell he that. Understanding filled me as I realized she was afraid of defeating my father, Lienol.

I immediately wanted to protect her and comfort her, "You don't have to be afraid you beat me. You should embrace it. You have prefected your skills in basic combat. Be proud cause..."

"No Chris, it isn't that. Just don't bother with it." She cut me off.

I didn't believe her but I didn't not to pressure her to tell me. I still wanted to make her feel comfortable but how? I scanned my mind for ideas.

How about the Waterfalls? That would be so nice and you have your benefits out of it too. I heard Sangria say to me while her idea flashed across my mind. It was billiant.

"Ok. Well, how about we go to the waterfall since it's already late." Both Becky and I looked up to the sky, the sun setting. We were silent for a while before I spook.

"How about we sit for a while and enjoy the sun?" She nodded and I made my way to the ledge of the roof and sat down. Becky sat beside me. While Becky was probaly admiring the beautiful sunset, I was thinking.

Why don't you just make a move already? I heard my dragon nag me.

I want to but I can't Ria. That would distract us from our goal ahead.

You're the Prince for God's sake! Shouldn't you be smarter than this? She loves you. She said so herself. You return the feelings so MAKE A MOVE!!!

Why don't you just go and sleep and stop worrying about me? I am wise enough to make my own decisions. I was getting annoyed now.

Sangria gave me a confused look. Really? Could have fooled me.

Why don't you study Cerulean and leave me alone? He is who you have to worry about, not Rebecca and I.

My Dragon sighed. It is true. I should never try to understand you stupid humans. But to speak the truth, for a Prince you are really stupid!

I didn't reply. I had too much on my mind. Why would Sangra think I am stupid. She was no more brilliant than me. She suddenly thought she was an expert in love. Rebecca's face flashed across my mind over and over again. I was thinking if to make a move or just leave it as it was.

Stop thinking Idiot! React. Plus I have my own love problems to think about and your images are clouding my mind.

I chuckled in my mind. Sangria was in love with Rebecca's Dragon, Cerulean, for what seemed like forever. But that poor Dragon was too much in love with himself to even realize it. Sangria was coming of age and pretty soon she would be ready to mate and she wants that mate to be Cerulean. And she wanted him fast since the other female dragon would hatch soon and there was no doubt that there was going to be competition.

Not wanting that to be on my mind, I cleared my thoughts. Before I could stop myself, my hand grabbed Becky's. I prepared myself for rejection. She looked down to where my her hands rested on my lap. I flashed her one of my smiles that seemed to have the most amount of affect on her.

She hesitated for a second. I prepared myself for rejection instantly. I heard Cerulean snort behind me and I realize they were havig a conversation. She turned her attention to Cerulean then at the sun before flashing me a striking smile.

Suprising me, she leaned her head on my shoulders. I instantly tensed before I heard Cerulean's voice in my mind.

Just relax boy. She won't do you any harm.

I instantly relaxed and swung my free hand around her welcoming her to my warmth.