Prologue

So, this is the way the world ends, Eon thought.

From the highest balcony on the Tower of Infinity, he watched his home burn, and smiled. The sweet smell of death carried even here, making Eon's eyes dampen with joy. Far below, his brothers wreaked havoc upon the land without mercy.

Mercy, Eon mused, is a trait for lesser gods.

Mountains crumbled in the distance. Fire rained down from the skies. Great thunderheads roiled in dark masses, swallowing all things living. The screams of mortals rang through the air, a perfect melody in the ballad of destruction.

"The power of The Ruin," Eon spoke, "is a thing of beauty. Is it not, Xandia?"

There was no response. She had fled, in horror most likely. No matter. The Ruin would take her soul too; it was only a matter of time. That was the beauty of their bond.

Eon could feel himself changing. He could feel The Ruin, deep within, making him new; rebirthing him in the image it saw fitting. He looked at his hand. The skin was becoming pale, his nails dark and callous. The structure of his face changed too, becoming almost serpentine in features.

Yes, Eon begged, closing his eyes. Remake me, Great Ruin. Make me like you.

The screams of the dying continued, bringing peace to his soul. This was his salvation. This was the endgame, and it was beautiful.

How, Great Ruin, could I ever deny you?

* * *

Thank you so much for reading the first part of Trinity! This story is my NaNoWriMo14 project, so it will be updated often; at least once a week. If you like what you read, don't forget to vote, and keep reading!

Thanks again,

Zane Ellenwood